Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Josquius

Irish ethnicity.
I don't think she ever had Irish citizenship.

I've read the rules. My dad can get it, I can't, though if my dad went and registered tomorrow and then I had a kid, the kid could get it.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Why do you need Irish citizenship?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2016, 09:29:36 AM

So he can keep EU citizenship.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Ireland is still in the EU. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2016, 09:32:19 AM

So he can keep EU citizenship.

Tyr is full of inconsistencies.

Also, if he moved to normal places, instead of racist countries, he could ask for citizenship in those places.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2016, 09:45:27 AM
Tyr is full of inconsistencies.

Also, if he moved to normal places, instead of racist countries, he could ask for citizenship in those places.

Where are the inconsistencies? I don't get the racist part.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Suisse & Japan are racist.

He always wants to leave where he is. Now that they won't let him stay(maybe), he's looking for ways so that he can stay.

Josquius

I don't want to stay here.
I do want the power to be able to live and work anywhere on the continent rather than being trapped in England.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2016, 09:55:53 AM
I don't want to stay here.
I do want the power to be able to live and work anywhere on the continent rather than being trapped in England.

Now now. You could live and work in Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland as well.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2016, 09:54:39 AM

He always wants to leave where he is. Now that they won't let him stay(maybe), he's looking for ways so that he can stay.

How is Switzerland racist?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2016, 10:01:12 AM

Having been there they are generally unpleasant people. So maybe that gets mistaken for being racist.

Grey Fox

QuoteRegular naturalisation
Foreigners with no direct blood ties to Switzerland through either birth or marriage must currently live in the country for at least 12 years before they can apply for citizenship. Years spent in the country between ages ten and 20 count double. A new law reducing the number of years of residence from 12 to 10 was passed by Parliament in June 2014 and is expected to go into effect at the beginning of 2017.
The person must be well integrated, familiar with customs and traditions, law abiding, and pose no threat to internal or external security.
The State Secretariat for Migration will then "green light" an applicant's request to begin the naturalisation process but that does not mean citizenship is certain. Rather, cantons and municipalities have their own requirements that must be met. One canton, for example, might require applicants to live for two years in the region while another might require a decade. For more on the process, please visit the State Secretariat for Migration.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/becoming-a-citizen/29288376

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah I've always regretted the Nazis didn't conquer Switzerland and kill about 80% of their population.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2016, 10:06:08 AM

QuoteRegular naturalisation
Foreigners with no direct blood ties to Switzerland through either birth or marriage must currently live in the country for at least 12 years before they can apply for citizenship. Years spent in the country between ages ten and 20 count double. A new law reducing the number of years of residence from 12 to 10 was passed by Parliament in June 2014 and is expected to go into effect at the beginning of 2017.
The person must be well integrated, familiar with customs and traditions, law abiding, and pose no threat to internal or external security.
The State Secretariat for Migration will then "green light" an applicant's request to begin the naturalisation process but that does not mean citizenship is certain. Rather, cantons and municipalities have their own requirements that must be met. One canton, for example, might require applicants to live for two years in the region while another might require a decade. For more on the process, please visit the State Secretariat for Migration.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/becoming-a-citizen/29288376

So... where is the racism there?  Or are we expanding the term "racist" to include a bunch of other things we don't like?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

All of Europe can unite in disliking Switzerland.

Labour's shadow education secretary has resigned a day after being appointed. There are reports of a new shadow minister calling for MPs to be deselected. And there are stand up rows between Corbynites and rebels in the queue for coffee at the Commons canteen. What an absolute shitstorm.

No confidence result in about forty minutes.
Let's bomb Russia!