News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 03:39:32 PM
It is rather disheartening to see them like this, and I really like Charlie Strong.

Me to :( I wish it had worked out,
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

#EricMetcalfWouldveScoredThere

Haven't heard that name in a while. Hey he's got some head coaching experience.  I'm changing my vote for interim HC to Metcalf. 

MadBurgerMaker

Oh wow I hadn't noticed the UNC - FSU score.  Tarheels up 21-7 with 5ish left in the half.  FSU just got that TD.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 01, 2016, 03:44:08 PM
#EricMetcalfWouldveScoredThere

Haven't heard that name in a while. Hey he's got some head coaching experience.  I'm changing my vote for interim HC to Metcalf. 

Bet Metcalf could have tackled better than most of our team out there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Nice to see the Vol bandwagon is crashing as hard as it started last week.

Berkut

Arizona is going to beat UCLA tonight.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 04:02:29 PM
Nice to see the Vol bandwagon is crashing as hard as it started last week.

In the end, it turned out the bandwagon is in good shape, it was just stepping on UGAs face with a hobnail boot and broke their nose. It just crushed their face.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Actually, though the outcome was suboptimal, it was great seeing Georgia's asshattish behavior after scoring their final TD turn around and bite them right in the ass.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

So when Lewis made that amazing INT at the end of the game, and everyone was cheering, the camera on Harbaugh had him kind of looking like "What the fuck? Why didn't he just knock it down? You just gave them like, 40 yards!"

I don't know why he would be thinking something like that, of course.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

What Harbaugh was thinking about.....

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 01, 2016, 11:54:01 AM
:lol:  Val: "And people say extra points are boring"

Texas special teams are really really bad.  Defense isn't any better.

I don't think I had ever been watching a live game with a blocked extra point run back for a 2 point conversion, and this year ND has done it twice, and Texas has had it done to them twice. Apparently ND has a remarkable skill, and Texas a remarkable ineptness, and it is probably only good fortune for Texas that ND didn't block and return lots more extra points.  :P

Of course, ND is wasting this remarkable knack for extra point plays on an otherwise terrible team, while Texas is getting rid of some sort of curse on what looks to be a throwaway season.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on October 01, 2016, 09:16:34 PM
So when Lewis made that amazing INT at the end of the game, and everyone was cheering, the camera on Harbaugh had him kind of looking like "What the fuck? Why didn't he just knock it down? You just gave them like, 40 yards!"

I don't know why he would be thinking something like that, of course.

It was the end of the game, so didn't really give anyone any yards.  Lewis gets some highlight reel footage, and no one will remember that, objectively, it was a poor decision to hold on to the interception.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Well, it's good to see that even though I have fled the state, Wyoming is still consistent...and bad.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PDH on October 01, 2016, 10:11:59 PM
Well, it's good to see that even though I have fled the state, Wyoming is still consistent...and bad.

I hope you didn't really check out on them.  They kicked some Ram ass today.

PDH

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 02, 2016, 02:30:58 AM
Quote from: PDH on October 01, 2016, 10:11:59 PM

I hope you didn't really check out on them.  They kicked some Ram ass today.
Oh I saw :)

Comcast came through for me and though I was disheartened by being down 3-14, I saw the game from the second quarter on. 3 wins? In one season? Miracles do happen.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM