News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

two reasons Giants are up 6 games over Dodgers at moment.

Pitching Since May 4th
              BUMGARNER    CUETO
Team W-L       8-0                7-1*
ERA              1.23               1.04
ERA MLB rank 2nd                1st
* Loss to Clayton Kershaw
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

The Cards-Cubs game started out as a pitching duel between Arrieta and Wacha, but then Arrieta was taken out after allowing 2 runs and 5 innings.  Then the Cardinals promptly added 5 more runs :D

Anyway, I took the Argies with me to Wrigley Field Monday for the first game of the series.  Great game, great stadium experience, and the Cards won.  Wrigley ushers are easily the friendliest in any stadium I've visited. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Fucking hell, everytime I watch the Sox they seem to lose. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2016, 06:47:06 PM
Fucking hell, everytime I watch the Sox they seem to lose. <_<

Keep watching the Sox!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

So Texas Tech and Coastal Carolina are playing for the last spot in the "Final Four" of the College World series.  The winner will play TCU.  On the other side, Arizona vs Oklahoma State is the matchup.   :hmm:

MadBurgerMaker

Barring some miracle Toad comeback, looks like it'll be Arizona vs Coastal Carolina in the finals.  This is Coastal Carolina's first trip to Omaha.  Berk's Wildcats have won it all a few times.  Should be a good series.  :)

sbr

At the cards/ mariners game.   Mike Leake sucks.

sbr

Some jack ass dude just ran onto the field.  That was fun.

Sophie Scholl

This has been an amazing season so far.  I hope beyond hope that it continues to be this good.  I look forward to every game like Christmas. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

wtf Mariano Rivera wouldn't deserve the intro the mariners just gave to Steve Cishek

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on June 25, 2016, 11:59:43 PM
wtf Mariano Rivera wouldn't deserve the intro the mariners just gave to Steve Cishek

:lol:  What happened?  I hope there were fireworks.

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 26, 2016, 02:04:09 AM
Quote from: sbr on June 25, 2016, 11:59:43 PM

:lol:  What happened?  I hope there were fireworks.

Nope no fireworks.   Stadium blacked out about 80%, then a light show from all the Displays and scoreboards then this huge cgi intro on the main scoreboard/display for Steve Cishek.  I don't go to many games anymore but I have never seen anything like it for anyone, much less him.

sbr

Steve Chisek intro at Safeco; this doesn't show the lights going out before hand, that is either new or this starts after the lights came back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2RDFbPEzw

Too bad the Mariners got smacked today so no Steve Chishek appearance. :(

MadBurgerMaker

I like how they flash his name all over the place over and over for 2 minutes.  Sweet light effects at the beginning.

Can't really tell what the music is, but I'm listening on a laptop, so meh.  Tolleson's music was Danger Zone, which is p. great.  I don't know what Dyson's is.