News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2016, 04:03:41 AM
Red Sox are just killing the baseball lately. Best hitting I've seen from this team in a long time.

I don't get why David Ortiz seems so beloved in other parks. I mean, I get we love him, but the dude's obviously been on HGH since 2010 and I thought that was something only home town fans ignored.

I thought he's just kind of a fat slob, and the fans love him 'cause they can relate to that.  Sort of like with Cecil Fielder or Babe Ruth.

The Minsky Moment

Hit # 4256 for Ichiro
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

katmai

Pete Rose says those Nip League hits don't count.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Got #4257 later in the game.

Rose is still the MLB hits leaders, but no one has more professional hits as Ichiro does and that is something. 

katmai

Go Go Cueto! Now 10-1 for Los Gigantes.

7.0   7   1   1   1   9   0   96-62   2.10

katmai

Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2016, 06:49:58 PM

Rose is still the MLB hits leaders, but no one has more professional hits as Ichiro does and that is something.
Oh i agree, just passing along what Rose said the other day.

katmai

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 21, 2016, 05:16:12 PM
Looking forward to heading to San Fran at some point this summer, and I very much want to see the Giants at their new stadium.
Good luck with tickets, they just had 441st consecutive sellout.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2016, 06:36:50 PM

How much does he want to bet they do?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Anyways Ichiro! having a nice little year, good to see.
Will reach 3k easy in the USA this year and locked down his HOF credentials.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2016, 06:51:13 PM
Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2016, 06:49:58 PM

Oh i agree, just passing along what Rose said the other day.

I wasn't really replying to you, just posting my thoughts in general on the subject. :)  Also, I couldn't really care less about what Pete Rose has to say about anything.

jimmy olsen

His 162 average is exactly 200 hits. Became a regular in Japan in '94. If he'd done that in America he'd probably already have broken Rose's record.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 15, 2016, 08:19:19 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2016, 06:36:50 PM

How much does he want to bet they do?

First thing I thought :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

I think I mentioned it here before, but I am finally going to get up to Safeco Field the weekend after next for the Mariners/Cardinals series.

I'm going up Saturday and going to the 7PM game with my daughter, her boyfriend and her best friend then gonna party it up a bit and stay the night up there.  On Sunday my parents are coming up and we are all going to the 1PM game then going back home that night. 

It should be fun to see the Cards play somewhere other than Buschand finally get to see a game at Safeco.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 15, 2016, 08:39:16 PM
His 162 average is exactly 200 hits. Became a regular in Japan in '94. If he'd done that in America he'd probably already have broken Rose's record.

What are his Japanese/MLB splits though?  I can't be arsed to look tonight, but I would be surprised if they were close enough to say that.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2016, 08:46:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 15, 2016, 08:39:16 PM
His 162 game average is exactly 200 hits. Became a regular in Japan in '94. If he'd done that in America he'd probably already have broken Rose's record.

What are his Japanese/MLB splits though?  I can't be arsed to look tonight, but I would be surprised if they were close enough to say that.

You can check his stats here. He averaged 224.4 hits a year from age 27-37 in the MLB and hit .332

In Japan from '94-2000 he hit .385, .342, .356, .345, .358, .343, .387

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/suzukic01.shtml
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point