Star Wars - Impressions, no spoilers, just impressions!

Started by Berkut, December 16, 2015, 11:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How good is the new Star Wars flick overall?

Awesome! A: Best Star Wars movie yet, Abrams and Co. found the right mix of action and story!
8 (14.3%)
B: Very, very good! Probaby not up there with the best of the series, but vastly better than any of 1/2/3, and mostly met our lofty expectations!
30 (53.6%)
C: Solid. Better than the 1/2/3 disasters, but missed on the story in some ways, not as good as 4/5/6 overall
11 (19.6%)
D: Uggh. Are we sure Lucas wasn't involved?
1 (1.8%)
F: I miss JarJar
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2015, 01:11:30 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 17, 2015, 11:49:14 AM
BTW, is Jaron pronounced like JarJar or like Jared? Or should there be an H sound at the front?  :hmm:
I imagine it to be the way KAP pronounced it, as we used to have a sound file over there with him saying "It's Jaron's fault".  He pronounced it like "JARE-inn".

That doesn't even make sense. I could dig Jare-unn but inn? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2015, 01:18:33 PM
BTW, is Jaron pronounced like JarJar or like Jared? Or should there be an H sound at the front?  :hmm:
I imagine it to be the way KAP pronounced it, as we used to have a sound file over there with him saying "It's Jaron's fault".  He pronounced it like "JARE-inn".

Jare-unn vs. Jare-inn sound virtually the same to me. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Half the time I read it as Jared, and thought he might be the same person as the Sandwich guy.  Since he's still posting I suppose that theory is now discredited.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2015, 01:19:13 PM

I don't know what to say. You least have figured mine out right?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2015, 02:10:41 PM
I don't know what to say. You least have figure mine out right?

I can't even figure out your second sentence.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2015, 01:19:13 PM

gare-binn?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on December 17, 2015, 02:18:32 PM

I can't even figure out your second sentence.  :P

Sorry meant figured. Fixing it now.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Crazy_Ivan80

a hijack that isn't about the ACW, Canada or religion... impressive.

going to watch between X-mas and NewYear.

Malthus

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on December 17, 2015, 02:43:18 PM
a hijack that isn't about the ACW, Canada or religion... impressive.

going to watch between X-mas and NewYear.

It is nice to know that Languish has resisted the flashy hype of a new Star Wars movie to argue about the truly important matters in life - such as how to pronounce "Jaron".  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius