News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Trump?

Started by Jacob, December 07, 2015, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come the 2016 Presidential Elections in the US, where will Trump be?

Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party
18 (40.9%)
Presidential Candidate in an Independent/ Third Party run?
9 (20.5%)
Not a presidential candidate at all.
16 (36.4%)
Some other scenario...
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on December 11, 2015, 12:24:12 PM
Yeah, I concur. Though my main point is that when you mine the stories for comical situations, by necessity you'll be discarding a number of things that while non-comical nonetheless are newsworthy from a news/ public-interest point of view.

That's what i was talking about when I said satire was a less "efficient" way to do news. 

Still, people who claimed that Stewart was their main news source scored higher in knowledge of current events than did those who named any other main source, because the satirical style makes the issues presented so much more memorable.   I don't think Stewart could ever match the most influential newscast in US history (not Murrow's excellent 30-min piece on McCarthy, but Cronkite's 3-minute piece on Vietnam in 1968), but i'd be interested in using a time machine to test CE knowledge of Cronkite's viewers to Stewart's.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2015, 07:31:19 PM
What do you think? Where will Trump be at when the time comes to vote?
Trump will be the next President.
Americans are tired of the liberal agenda that is destroying this country.
The liberal control of academia, the educational system and the mainstream media has back fired and provoked a rebellion.

Don't believe the polls. Trump is far more ahead in reality than the polling companies claim.
The liberals are using polling to shape opinion.
Then the week before election they start to report the real numbers so it doesn't appear as if they were wrong in their polling data.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Siege

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 11, 2015, 02:17:35 PM
I hope Siege is right.
I am almost always right.
I don't even remember the last time I was wrong.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on December 11, 2015, 04:05:15 PM
I hope Siege is right.

I do.  In fact, I remember the last 28 times you were wrong.  But lets see if you are serious, you want to put money down?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

Quote from: Siege on December 11, 2015, 02:16:00 PM
The liberal control of academia, the educational system and the mainstream media has back fired and provoked a rebellion.

Don't believe the polls. Trump is far more ahead in reality than the polling companies claim.
Then the week before election they start to report the real numbers so it doesn't appear as if they were wrong in their polling data.

I read some of the comments on a few articles on www.nationalreview.com and I got to say the comments definitely match what you're saying.  It's scary.

Razgovory

500 bucks that Trump is not President elect this time next year.  Any takers?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2015, 05:13:03 PM

What odds are you offering?

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on December 11, 2015, 05:19:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2015, 05:13:03 PM

What odds are you offering?

Even.

Jacob

Razgovory

Well, yeah, only the idle rich or the completely mad would take that bet.  The point is to suss out Siege who is all talk.

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on December 11, 2015, 04:05:15 PM
I hope Siege is right.

Siege, you will be saying Madame President.

20.00 on the table.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on December 11, 2015, 02:16:00 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2015, 07:31:19 PM
What do you think? Where will Trump be at when the time comes to vote?

Ok here is the thing I do not get: how is the country being destroyed? It seems like it is going pretty well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2015, 05:45:21 PM
Well, yeah, only the idle rich or the completely mad would take that bet.  The point is to suss out Siege who is all talk.
:yes: Bets talk, bullshit walks.  It's amazing how even nominal bet amounts can stop bullshitters dead in their tracks.