News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Trump?

Started by Jacob, December 07, 2015, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come the 2016 Presidential Elections in the US, where will Trump be?

Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party
18 (40.9%)
Presidential Candidate in an Independent/ Third Party run?
9 (20.5%)
Not a presidential candidate at all.
16 (36.4%)
Some other scenario...
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Jacob

What do you think? Where will Trump be at when the time comes to vote?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2015, 07:59:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2015, 07:35:19 PM
You sound low energy

Where's that from?

It's a Trumpism. JEB is low energy and therefore not presidential material.

I'm in my trump phase.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Habbaku

Not a candidate.  I don't think Trump's actually interested in being President--and I don't think a bunch of poll-respondents are actually interested in voting for him.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

You know, he kinda already is a Presidential candidate.

I don't think he'll get the party's nomination though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2015, 07:31:19 PM
What do you think? Where will Trump be at when the time comes to vote?
Presidential candidate for the GOP.  And he'll grab around 40% of the vote.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2015, 08:31:32 PM
You know, he kinda already is a Presidential candidate.

I don't think he'll get the party's nomination though.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of the right.

He will get a bump from that stupid Islamic statement(s).
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on December 07, 2015, 08:47:11 PM
Presidential candidate for the GOP.  And he'll grab around 40% of the vote.

If he actually was Mussolini he'd get 40%. He'd probably get 45% (though I think it will be Rubio or Cruz getting 45% instead).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Oh hell I don't know. I need to see what happens in Iowa and New Hampshire first but damn this is one weird situation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Nominee

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/2016-indiana-county-predicts-every-election-trump-fever-213411

QuoteThe most accurate pundits in the history of American presidential politics reside far from the Beltway, on a 403-square mile patch of land along the western border of Indiana. At the intersections of U.S. Highways 40 and 41, and off Interstate 70, you find yourself in Vigo County, with its 108,000 residents and its ho-hum county seat, Terre Haute, situated along the Wabash River. Terre Haute is the land of Clabber Girl Baking Powder—and its citizens call it the "Crossroads of America." It's the place where both Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh and labor leader and Social Democratic Party founder Eugene Debs were born, and home to the U.S. penitentiary where the Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh died.

And, in nearly every presidential election since 1888, voters here in this blue-collar county have selected the winning candidate, missing only twice: Once, in 1908, when they opted for Williams Jennings Bryan instead of William Howard Taft, and again in 1952, when they chose Adlai Stevenson rather than Dwight D. Eisenhower.
"It's obviously because of our extraordinary intelligence and good sense," said Bayh, whose father built the family's political dynasty here. "It's classic middle America. Small businesses. Family farms. Community schools. We care more about common sense results than we do about party labels and ideology. ... You don't get the excesses of New York or California. We keep it between the 40-yard-lines."

So, when it comes to 2016, you might expect these "between-the 40-yard-lines" voters to be soberly weighing the merits of Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton and Marco Rubio, with maybe an occasional flirtation with Bernie Sanders or Mike Huckabee. And yet, when I spent two days traveling around its gathering places and watering holes, I discovered that, while the county's Democrats have, for their part, coalesced around Clinton, its Republicans mostly wanted to talk about just one candidate: Donald Trump.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 07, 2015, 11:07:27 PM
Nominee

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/2016-indiana-county-predicts-every-election-trump-fever-213411

Quotehe most accurate pundits in the history of American presidential politics reside far from the Beltway, on a 403-square mile patch of land along the western border of Indiana. At the intersections of U.S. Highways 40 and 41, and off Interstate 70, you find yourself in Vigo County, with its 108,000 residents and its ho-hum county seat, Terre Haute, situated along the Wabash River. Terre Haute is the land of Clabber Girl Baking Powder—and its citizens call it the "Crossroads of America." It's the place where both Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh and labor leader and Social Democratic Party founder Eugene Debs were born, and home to the U.S. penitentiary where the Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh died.

And, in nearly every presidential election since 1888, voters here in this blue-collar county have selected the winning candidate, missing only twice: Once, in 1908, when they opted for Williams Jennings Bryan instead of William Howard Taft, and again in 1952, when they chose Adlai Stevenson rather than Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Story Continued Below

"It's obviously because of our extraordinary intelligence and good sense," said Bayh, whose father built the family's political dynasty here. "It's classic middle America. Small businesses. Family farms. Community schools. We care more about common sense results than we do about party labels and ideology. ... You don't get the excesses of New York or California. We keep it between the 40-yard-lines."

So, when it comes to 2016, you might expect these "between-the 40-yard-lines" voters to be soberly weighing the merits of Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton and Marco Rubio, with maybe an occasional flirtation with Bernie Sanders or Mike Huckabee. And yet, when I spent two days traveling around its gathering places and watering holes, I discovered that, while the county's Democrats have, for their part, coalesced around Clinton, its Republicans mostly wanted to talk about just one candidate: Donald Trump.

:bleeding:

Phillip V

Only Mitt Romney can unite the party and defeat Donald Trump.