And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 17, 2018, 11:09:27 PM
There are also *still* 20-something fans of Monty Python.

I hear my older son and his peer group (20 somethings) making Python references.

My Son who is 19 and his peer group - "who is Monty Python?"

derspiess

I'm playing the slow game in getting my kids into Python.  First they just liked how the intro song ended.  Now they love the Ministry of Silly Walks and Fish Slapping Dance.  I'm gonna continue with the wacky stuff and see how that goes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2018, 09:30:26 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2018, 08:44:55 AM
My 14 year old nephew barely fanthoms how I went to school without an ipad. I don't expect him to know about 80s movies.

Oh? What does he use the iPad for?

I'll ask but He does 2 things, watch Netflix & research.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2018, 10:23:44 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2018, 09:30:26 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2018, 08:44:55 AM
My 14 year old nephew barely fanthoms how I went to school without an ipad. I don't expect him to know about 80s movies.

Oh? What does he use the iPad for?

I'll ask but He does 2 things, watch Netflix & research.

If he watches Netflix then he will pick up 80s movies stuff just by it being parodied and referenced in other shows and movies. But, as Oex says, it may take a few decades of consuming stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Netflix Canada doesn't many old time movies compare to the USA one but it's possible.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Someone shared this eyerollingly on Twitter:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

There's a point buried somewhere under all that vitriol.  Adults that go to Disney without kids are kinda weird.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2018, 03:07:41 PM
There's a point buried somewhere under all that vitriol.  Adults that go to Disney without kids are kinda weird.

Maybe but taking a three year old to Disney World is idiotic. I presume she has older children because otherwise WTF was she thinking? The kid will not even remember the trip. No wonder she had a miserable time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I hope she doesn't harm her children. Ack.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2018, 03:28:48 PM
I hope she doesn't harm her children. Ack.

I hope she was just exhausted and pissed off and lost her cool on Twitter and she is not normally that ragey. For the kid's sake.

Maladict

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2018, 10:05:39 AM
I'm playing the slow game in getting my kids into Python.  First they just liked how the intro song ended.  Now they love the Ministry of Silly Walks and Fish Slapping Dance.  I'm gonna continue with the wacky stuff and see how that goes.

Good man.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2018, 03:07:41 PM
My sister and I paid for our parents and ourselves to go to Disney World this past January for a family trip/40th anniversary present of their honeymoon trip to Disney World.  No children involved in the picture and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.  There is all manner of stuff to do that is adult friendly if not adult oriented especially in EPCOT.  The families with little kids look like they're having hellish times and all for something that most likely the youngest of kids won't even remember.  Fuck that and give me another drink in my alcohol infused journey around the world, please! :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

crazy canuck

My wife had not been to Disneyland as a kid and after a few years after we were married I took her on a surprise trip.  It was great fun.