News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Well actually the opposite is true. You can be heard around the world now without being censored. It was in the past that everything was watered down by gatekeepers.

Also why is that guy staring at me in that meme. Is that Keanu Reeves? What does he have to do with anything.

Your relatives just like pictures that say random things with celebrities on them for no reason?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on October 23, 2018, 08:53:41 AM
Well actually the opposite is true. You can be heard around the world now without being censored. It was in the past that everything was watered down by gatekeepers.

Also why is that guy staring at me in that meme. Is that Keanu Reeves? What does he have to do with anything.

Your relatives just like pictures that say random things with celebrities on them for no reason?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on October 23, 2018, 09:00:25 AM

:lol:

Eddie Teach

I think it's a generational thing. Kids love to meme everything.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Syt's relatives are of our generation though  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on October 23, 2018, 11:05:11 AM
Syt's relatives are of our generation though  :P

My sisters are between 49 and 57.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

My body has no broccoli system. I guess broccoli must be bad for me :hmm:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

My middle sister also pointed out that East Germans had pretty good border security, and maybe the U.S. could learn from them.

I didn't point out that the GDR was generally more concerned about people leaving the country and less about them coming in. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on October 26, 2018, 08:03:16 AM
My middle sister also pointed out that East Germans had pretty good border security, and maybe the U.S. could learn from them.

I didn't point out that the GDR was generally more concerned about people leaving the country and less about them coming in. :rolleyes:

Maybe the triumph of Trumpism will eventually result in waves of American refugees?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

It's not as if Republicans are tripping over themselves in order to do something about homeless children.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on October 26, 2018, 08:03:16 AM

Yeah, not the best example to follow.  Plus, the guns and mines were all facing inward, not outward.

On the other hand, IIRC the East German government called the wall the antifaschistischer Schutzwall IIRC, which may either excite or confuse some of our fellow Languishites with antifa sympathies :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2018, 08:42:51 AM
On the other hand, IIRC the East German government called the wall the antifaschistischer Schutzwall IIRC, which may either excite or confuse some of our fellow Languishites with antifa sympathies :P
I don't think many non-conservatives get fooled by self-assigned labels, from German Democratic Repbulic or otherwise.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould