And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2015, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 03:40:23 PM
FBI is investigating the case as terrorism.

One would hope they had never stopped.  But this is the FBI we're talking about.

"You asked for miracles, Theo?  I give you the F.B.I."

Languish doesn't want it it be terrorism, so I figured I'd mention it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2015, 04:25:05 PM
I should mention that my sister also changed her FB picture to a US flag.

My brother did that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 05:23:43 PM

Today we are all County Departments of Public Health.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 05:23:43 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2015, 03:48:56 PM

One would hope they had never stopped.  But this is the FBI we're talking about.

"You asked for miracles, Theo?  I give you the F.B.I."

300 odd mass shootings this year, and finally one that makes you smile.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

The whole media home invasion gig was odd, guess you can't blame the landlord for wanting to make a quick buck, but man how seedy were those tv reporters to go through someone's bedroom closets, it's almost like they've little actual journalistic skills to fall back on and you know do some real reporting.  :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

It was pretty weird.  Also pretty weird that the family came, kicked them out, and sealed the door.

Liep

Quote from: mongers on December 04, 2015, 06:52:02 PM
The whole media home invasion gig was odd, guess you can't blame the landlord for wanting to make a quick buck, but man how seedy were those tv reporters to go through someone's bedroom closets, it's almost like they've little actual journalistic skills to fall back on and you know do some real reporting.  :gasp:

I can maybe understand why a journalist riled up by the atmosphere of everybody else going in wants to also report this, but don't these people have editors? Producers? If Newsroom taught me anything and it didn't but if it did which it almost certainly did not but let's say that it did even if it really didn't then this is where an ethical well spoken guy would come in and say stop.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 04, 2015, 07:07:09 PM
It was pretty weird.  Also pretty weird that the family came, kicked them out, and sealed the door.

:lol:

I didn't see that bit, just the initial scrum and then someone rummaging through the kids clothes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on December 04, 2015, 07:17:06 PM
:lol:

I didn't see that bit just the initial scrum and then someone rummaging through the kids cloths.

CNN mentioned it but didn't have footage.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

'Bout time they came out with that.

Seedy, dust off your snub nosed six shooter from the closet. This is only the beginning.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2015, 08:25:24 PM

Seedy, dust off your snub nosed six shooter from the closet. This is only the beginning.

Time to open carry my SKS! :w00t:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2015, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2015, 08:25:24 PM

Time to open carry my SKS! :w00t:
:lol: IAW open carry laws of course.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".