Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2015, 06:33:07 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 05:23:43 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2015, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 03:40:23 PM
FBI is investigating the case as terrorism.

One would hope they had never stopped.  But this is the FBI we're talking about.

"You asked for miracles, Theo?  I give you the F.B.I."

Languish doesn't want it it be terrorism, so I figured I'd mention it.

300 odd mass shootings this year, and finally one that makes you smile.

You ought to walk back that statement.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Oh?  You seem pretty pleased with the situation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2015, 02:03:47 PM

You know I'm not pleased with anything about it.  Take it back.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2015, 02:28:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2015, 02:03:47 PM

You know I'm not pleased with anything about it.  Take it back.

You mean after you accuse Seedy of the same thing?  Yeah, I don't think so.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

Quote from: Jaron on December 05, 2015, 02:55:46 PM
Raz strikes again!

Yea, like watching an autistic 12yo with tourettes.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

I don't know what derspiess was expecting when he asked Raz to take back a statement that was so clearly devoid of reason.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2015, 03:03:48 PM
Raz strikes again!

When have you seen Raz curse someone out?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 05, 2015, 04:12:15 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2015, 03:03:48 PM
Raz strikes again!

When have you seen Raz curse someone out?

Stereotyper

Despite the common misconception that Tourette's syndrome is defined by uncontrollable and socially inappropriate cursing, only 10 percent of Tourette's patients actually exhibit that symptom. Most have milder tics like rapid blinking , shoulder-shrugging and throat-clearing. Coprolalia, the involuntary utterance of obscenities, profanities and derogatory remarks, is an extreme example of a vocal tic experienced by some people with Tourette's.
http://livescience.com/33384-tourette-syndrome-people-curse-uncontrollably.html

Eddie Teach

OK. When have you seen Raz compulsively clear his throat, shrug his shoulders or blink?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 05, 2015, 04:27:13 PM
OK. When have you seen Raz compulsively clear his throat, shrug his shoulders or blink?

That's better.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 05:23:43 PM
Languish doesn't want it it be terrorism, so I figured I'd mention it.

Who would want it to be terrorism?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jaron

I always imagine Raz rocking angrily back and forth in his basement between posts.
Winner of THE grumbler point.