Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on December 04, 2015, 01:50:56 PM
RIP Hitler. :(

Well, however bad a guy he was, he can't have been all bad - after all, he did kill Hitler.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on December 04, 2015, 01:53:07 PM

Well, however bad a guy he was, he can't have been all bad - after all, he did kill Hitler.  ;)

Did they ever save his brain btw?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Good point M.

How many millions just talked about it, or even a few who feebly tried and failed?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on December 04, 2015, 01:46:14 PM
I actually do not think that suicide is in itself necessarily bad.

I do think that the vast majority of people who commit suicide do so for "bad" reasons, and as a society we should in fact takes reasonable steps to avoid most of them.

So you want "society" to enforce your own personal opinions on suicide?  How does "society" do that?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on December 04, 2015, 01:53:07 PM

:lol:  It's almost odd that i didn't think of that quip nor have I read it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on December 04, 2015, 02:00:34 PM

I do think that the vast majority of people who commit suicide do so for "bad" reasons, and as a society we should in fact takes reasonable steps to avoid most of them.

So you want "society" to enforce your own personal opinions on suicide?  How does "society" do that?

:hmm:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

When the press was crowded into the perp's apartment today and acting like jackels, I was sorta hoping the FBI missed a bomb in there.

Just me? Okay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 04, 2015, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: grumbler on December 04, 2015, 02:00:34 PM

Yeah, that was about the extent of my response as well...

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on December 04, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

That's almost exactly what I suspected.  People claim that they are for liberty, but in reality they are for controlling what other people actually do when those other people do "bad" things.

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

One very good reason for excluding suicides from the gun fatality totals is there are no innocent victims of suicide.

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on December 04, 2015, 02:38:41 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 04, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

That's almost exactly what I suspected.  People claim that they are for liberty, but in reality they are for controlling what other people actually do when those other people do "bad" things.

Uh huh.

0 rows returned

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 04, 2015, 02:39:42 PM
One very good reason for excluding suicides from the gun fatality totals is there are no innocent victims of suicide.

Perhaps not fatalities but there sure as hell can be victims.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on December 04, 2015, 02:47:47 PM

Yeah, I'm just gonna second this, ignore my previous post.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk