And we're back!

Main Menu

Turkey shoots down Russian fighter jet

Started by Barrister, November 24, 2015, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 02:59:23 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 02:57:58 PM
WTF. You do yoga? Wow. My mental image of Dorsey is shattered.

Huh? He is an adventure rock climber. That is exactly the sort of straight man that does Yoga

Huh. I thought Dorsey is more like derspiess. Now I have to reevaluate my worldview.  :huh:

alfred russel

I did for a while, but not recently.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on November 24, 2015, 03:04:49 PM

What kinda of yoga? Hatha? Kundalini?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 02:56:47 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 24, 2015, 12:37:10 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 24, 2015, 12:20:41 PM
This is also being discussed over in the main ISIS thread btw.

As I said there, if that map is accurate then the Russian flight time in Turkish airspace can only have been a few seconds.

Think about all the favorite languish topics of discussion this touches on:

Erdogan
Putin
General Military Shit
ISIS
NATO

If it turns out one of the russian pilots was homosexual, this will be the holy grail of languish topics, and likely be mentioned in every thread we have.

Siegy's singularity may be closer than we think.

needs more chinese

Martinus

I am very conflicted on this, especially as the Polish media have started a ritual dance cheering on the Turks already. I have no love for either Putin and Erdogan. I would have felt better about it if the pilots weren't massacred as a result - they probably were just some kids, who were on a bomb run against ISIS, and they paid with their lives because of two assholes posturing.

Sorry for going all pinko on this. :P

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 03:05:40 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 24, 2015, 03:04:49 PM

What kinda of yoga? Hatha? Kundalini?

I have no idea. The gym at work had a fitness yoga class during lunch that I used to go to. I should look into starting again.  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Martinus

Was it more like "standing on your head" yoga or "breathe and expand your aura" yoga?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 03:13:36 PM
I am very conflicted on this, especially as the Polish media have started a ritual dance cheering on the Turks already. I have no love for either Putin and Erdogan. I would have felt better about it if the pilots weren't massacred as a result - they probably were just some kids, who were on a bomb run against ISIS, and they paid with their lives because of two assholes posturing.

in an ideal world the Turks and Russians finish of each other, ending up with the Greeks and half of the Paradox-forums to reclaim what's left for Byzantium.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 03:13:36 PM

If it weren't for Turkey's NATO membership, then it would be just yet another bad player getting in the way of the 113 bad players already involved in the conflict.  You'd want to sit back and let them beat the shit out of each other with conviction.  I also wouldn't shed too many tears over the pilots; Russian bomber raids aren't exactly delicate surgeries.  Not that I cheer on their lynching, but on the long, long list of victims of that war, they're not going to be anywhere near the top when it comes to sympathy.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 03:36:28 PM
Was it more like "standing on your head" yoga or "breathe and expand your aura" yoga?

Probably more like the former, but without anything as tough as standing on your head, as this was a class involving a lot of middle aged office women on lunch break.

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on November 24, 2015, 04:11:50 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 03:36:28 PM

Probably more like the former, but without anything as tough as standing on your head, as this was a class involving a lot of middle aged office women on lunch break.

Ah ok, so probably some form of hatha yoga light. I prefered kundalini yoga, mainly because I hate standing on my head.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 04:15:29 PM

Ah ok, so probably some form of hatha yoga light. I prefered kundalini yoga, mainly because I hate standing on my head.

I was going in order to improve flexibility and core strength. What kept me from continuing was I just didn't see much improvement, and I suspect that I actually ended up straining muscles (probably because the competitive side took over, and seeing a flexible woman in a pose made me try to match it regardless of whether that was a good idea).

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom