$100.01 - $150
0 (0%)
$150.01 - $200
0 (0%)
$200.01+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Caliga

I get MLK Day off but I always have to work anyway since it's year-end close. :accountingprobs:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on August 28, 2015, 09:58:45 AM
Government offices get more holidays, and states governments go by their own rules. So if you hear about state holidays, it will seem like we have a lot because we have 50 states doing their own thing. But you also have to keep in mind that unless you are a government worker most people aren't affected by other holidays.

Yeah these are not real holidays. Just an excuse to save some money in the public budget by shutting down state services for a few extra days. LBJ would appreciate that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 28, 2015, 10:05:43 AM
I get MLK Day off but I always have to work anyway since it's year-end close. :accountingprobs:

Raciss!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

We had it as one of our optional days when I was in U.S. I never took it as everyone else did so it meant I could 'work from home.'
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2015, 09:31:45 AM
Contrary to what my online persona may be, I am at the relatively low end of gay grooming (which makes me somewhere above the average for a straight male professional). I normally don't get my nails done either. :P
I dunno, I've seen your bathroom, you've got more product than I :P

KRonn

These are the days I get for Holidays:

New Years
MLK Day
Presidents Day
Patriots Day (Massachusetts holiday in April) Lexington/Concord battles of the revolution
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving and day after which replaced Veteran's Day though I usually take a vacation day for Veteran's Day.
Christmas
Float day to take when I want.

Caliga

In Kentucky we get no special holidays. :(

Derby Day is kind of a holiday though, in that tons of people take the day off and most people that don't just come to work and do nothing but talk about whatever Derby party they're throwing or going to.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on August 28, 2015, 09:53:14 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2015, 09:16:15 AM
I run the trimmer over my head once or twice a week, so 0.

Great idea. My hair has been thin for years and I've often considered doing something similar.

Man, I was literally about to post:

"You know languish is a bunch of cheapskates, when KRonn is the most extravagant spender in a category. :P "

And now you pull the rug from under me.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

I can't believe you lot have to gob ack to work the day after Christmas.

We get:
New Year's Day
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Early May bank holiday
Spring bank holiday
Summer bank holiday
Christmas Day
Boxing Day

alfred russel

Same, but I get a floating holiday to make up for it.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2015, 10:22:06 AM
Man, I was literally about to post:

"You know languish is a bunch of cheapskates, when KRonn is the most extravagant spenders in a category. :P "
I don't think there are too many John Edwards-types around here, who would pay more for a basic service solely for bragging rights.

I mean, all I have the barber do is shave the sides and back of my head with a #2 comb and then lightly trim the top and (sometimes) the bangs with scissors.

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on August 28, 2015, 10:22:43 AM
Same, but I get a floating holiday to make up for it.  :)
Well yeah. :sleep:

I 'traditionally' take that Friday off.

Martinus

Quote from: KRonn on August 28, 2015, 10:19:14 AM
These are the days I get for Holidays:

New Years
MLK Day
Presidents Day
Patriots Day (Massachusetts holiday in April) Lexington/Concord battles of the revolution
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving and day after which replaced Veteran's Day though I usually take a vacation day for Veteran's Day.
Christmas
Float day to take when I want.

I have 26 "float days". They are called "paid holidays". :P

Valmy

I presume you use them to take off the birthday of each king of Jagiellonian Dynasty.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 28, 2015, 10:22:11 AM
I can't believe you lot have to gob ack to work the day after Christmas.

We get:
New Year's Day
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Early May bank holiday
Spring bank holiday
Summer bank holiday
Christmas Day
Boxing Day

We get:

New Year's Day
Epiphany
Easter Monday
Labour Day (May 1st)
Constitution Day (May 3rd)
Corpus Christi
Military Day/Assumption Day (August 15th)
All Hallows' Day (November 1st)
Independence Day (November 11th)
Christmas Day
Second Day of Christmas

We also get two holiday "Sundays" (Easter and Pentecost) which are there to mainly annoy most people, as it is when all shops are closed and people who forget about them (mainly Pentecost, as Easter is still a big holiday even for the non-religious) have to buy their groceries at petrol stations.