$150.01 - $200
0 (0%)
$200.01+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 28, 2015, 10:21:55 AM
In Kentucky we get no special holidays. :(

Derby Day is kind of a holiday though, in that tons of people take the day off and most people that don't just come to work and do nothing but talk about whatever Derby party they're throwing or going to.

Wow you really don't. Public employment in Kentucky sucks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2015, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: KRonn on August 28, 2015, 09:53:14 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2015, 09:16:15 AM
I run the trimmer over my head once or twice a week, so 0.

Great idea. My hair has been thin for years and I've often considered doing something similar.

Man, I was literally about to post:

"You know languish is a bunch of cheapskates, when KRonn is the most extravagant spender in a category. :P "

And now you pull the rug from under me.  :(

:D  Hehe, no worries. I doubt if I'll be shaving my head anytime soon.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 28, 2015, 10:14:03 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2015, 09:31:45 AM
Contrary to what my online persona may be, I am at the relatively low end of gay grooming (which makes me somewhere above the average for a straight male professional). I normally don't get my nails done either. :P
I dunno, I've seen your bathroom, you've got more product than I :P

D. has way more of this stuff than I do. :P

I pretty much just have a "web" paste, normal paste and hair spray for my hair. :P

KRonn

Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2015, 10:29:33 AM
Quote from: KRonn on August 28, 2015, 10:19:14 AM
These are the days I get for Holidays:

New Years
MLK Day
Presidents Day
Patriots Day (Massachusetts holiday in April) Lexington/Concord battles of the revolution
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Thanksgiving and day after which replaced Veteran's Day though I usually take a vacation day for Veteran's Day.
Christmas
Float day to take when I want.

I have 26 "float days". They are called "paid holidays". :P

Yep, I get those too - vacation days we call them here. Five weeks per year.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

DontSayBanana

Typically around $17, but I make it a habit to tip well when someone can handle gracefully the unruly mop I call my hair.
Experience bij!

Josquius

More than 10 quid and I'm being ripped off.
I try to keep professional haircuts to a minimum.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

13 Euro + 2 Euro tip. About once every 4-5 weeks.

dps

My mom still cuts my hair.  Even during the years we lived in different states, when it was time for a haircut, it was time for a visit home.

celedhring

20-25€ if I want to have it done properly. Whenever I go to cheaper places I get an awful 'do.

crazy canuck

I have been going to the same barber for about the last 10+ years.  He has a fascinating story.  He is a Christian Armenian who owned a very trendy hair salon in Tehran in the 70s.  After the revolution he tried to make a go of it but it became untenable for him.  He managed to get out of the country and come to Canada with his family but he was financially wiped out.  He is advanced in age now.  My boys and I get charged 30 bucks a cut and I give him a significant tip - the stories he has to tell alone are worth the price.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2015, 12:56:59 PM
I have been going to the same barber for about the last 10+ years.  He has a fascinating story.  He is a Christian Armenian who owned a very trendy hair salon in Tehran in the 70s.  After the revolution he tried to make a go of it but it became untenable for him.  He managed to get out of the country and come to Canada with his family but he was financially wiped out.  He is advanced in age now.  My boys and I get charged 30 bucks a cut and I give him a significant tip - the stories he has to tell alone are worth the price.

Well, he seems like a good scam artist, charging 30 bucks per a kid haircut.

Barrister

I don't know about a scam artist, but yeah $30 does seem steep.  I'm paying $18 plus tip at my barber (and I do go to an old school barber).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.