$150.01 - $200
0 (0%)
$200.01+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

He didn't want to pay the premium for a Kim Jong Il-style cut.

Caliga

Got one yesterday.  Paid $15 including tip.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on August 30, 2015, 05:58:41 AM
Got one yesterday.  Paid $15 including tip.

Haircut or anniversary dinner at the gas station?

Warspite

£20/$30 for a haircut. It's near work so I don't have to worry about finding time on a weekend or getting home before the place shuts.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

mongers

Interesting results so far even allowing for the Languish skinflintery, maybe one of our  economicalist type dudes should make a past-participial-parity-purchasing(thingy) index as a replacement for the big mac one?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

I usually go to Haircuttery ($18 + $4 tip). I tip well for haircuts.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Capetan Mihali

Here, I've been paying a very laconic and grizzled old gay farmer (ex-Air Force, natch) $20 total, and I tend to tip on the high side.  So I think the list price is $15 or $16. 

Really glad I found his place.  Before Mike's, I used to go to a real shitty barbershop/hairdresser combo type place where the lady's enormous stomach was pressed against my neck the whole time and she kept coercing me into letting her use horrible "thinning shears," this huge jagged key-looking thing, in a vain attempt to tame the shock of bushy un-combability presented by my scalp.  That experience would set me back $17 plus tip.

Or else if desperate I'd go to the guy by my house, who would really nastily insult his wife to me while she sullenly scrubbed the floor in the same room and gave me death stares, and to drag me into pretty unsubtle racist conversations about the "new people" in the neighborhood coming up from Springfield and Hartford, with their "difficult" hair and unruly kids and bad manners.  His was only $10, though.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Richard Hakluyt

In my experience racist barbers routinely offer a 30-40% discount  :)

No racism in the barber I go to, the barbers are a mix of races and religions as are the customers. Nevertheless it is a pretty un-pc and outspoken place..........a pleasant relief from the internet where one so often seems to be dealing with either bigots or ridiculously sensitive folk.

Caliga

Ha, when I lived in Massachusetts I used to call the place I went 'Racist Barber Shop' (it had no sign saying what it was actually called), because the two guys in there told each other racist jokes constantly.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I usually go to a chain barber/hairdresses shop in my nearby shopping mall.  :Embarrass:

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on August 31, 2015, 05:56:07 AM
Ha, when I lived in Massachusetts I used to call the place I went 'Racist Barber Shop' (it had no sign saying what it was actually called), because the two guys in there told each other racist jokes constantly.

What a horrible place.

Eddie Teach

Yes, that's why he moved to Kentucky.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Brain on August 31, 2015, 10:35:41 AM
Quote from: Caliga on August 31, 2015, 05:56:07 AM

What a horrible place.

Where The Brain comes from, when you sit down for a haircut, you get to tell the racist jokes at your own pace and the barbers are expected to laugh courteously, not talk over the customer.  That kind of intrusive informality is an Americanism that just doesn't fly in the real Sweden.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)