0 (0%)
$200.01+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Monoriu

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2015, 09:02:14 AM
No real surprise in the poll results;

Languish=cheapskates.  :P

I have tried places that cost more than that.  Guess what, there is no difference.  For a basic man's haircut, paying more just won't yield better results.  My theory is that the better places are only meaningful if you want more complex designs. 

KRonn

16$ for me, and I usually give a few bucks tip for a total of 20$.

Richard Hakluyt

Syt

I run the trimmer over my head once or twice a week, so 0.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2015, 08:53:49 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2015, 08:47:29 AM
What is redundancy money?

This:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1656044/Redundancy-payout-calculator-How-I-I-lose-job.html

Or were you making a joke about the lack of worker's rights/protection in the USA?

No I have no idea what you mean by redundancy. I guess that means 'laid off'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

I've been cutting my own hair for more than 10 years.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2015, 09:17:46 AM

This:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1656044/Redundancy-payout-calculator-How-I-I-lose-job.html

Or were you making a joke about the lack of worker's rights/protection in the USA?

aka "slut pack"
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2015, 08:39:03 AM
Time I had a haircut, no not my creditors.  :D

So how much do you pay for a haircut, going rate around here seems to be $15 for a real basic man's cut, though much like women's hairdressing, you can increasingly pay for whatever your fancy take you.

That would also be a typical fare for a normal men's haircut at a mainstream place in Warsaw, so neither at some dingy barber shop, nor a "coiffure artiste" where you have to make an appointment days in advance.

derspiess

Zero unless you amortize the cost of the clippers my wife uses.  I feel like I'm missing out, though, because that Sport Clips place looks pretty cool.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2015, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2015, 09:28:07 AM
Normally, between $10 and $20.

Really? I am impressed Marty.

Contrary to what my online persona may be, I am at the relatively low end of gay grooming (which makes me somewhere above the average for a straight male professional). I normally don't get my nails done either. :P

Caliga

Yep.

US:  I got laid off.
UK:  I was made redundant.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

This:

Oh, that's interesting. I thought the term was American corpo lingo. I'm surprised.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 28, 2015, 09:33:46 AM
Oh, that's interesting. I thought the term was American corpo lingo. I'm surprised.

Our corpo lingo for that is 'downsizing' or 'efficiencies'.