News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

In principle I'd refuse Jaron and FB replacing grumbler.

But I'd prefer it if he just played his card and took Paris.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Took my move.  Added two to peace die roll with Prussia, and unsuccessfully tried to end Serb uprising with Turkey.

Sweden is up, and would greatly enhance the chances of Paris falling if they joined Stedinck and co to Blucher.  I don't have the strength to take Paris without him.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Spain's final card play unless they become controlled :

QuoteFrance: Spain: Play random Strategy card

#25: 5 / Panic!

Message from France:
Spain's random play.

2 CUs to Madrid, +1 CP marker to Madrid.  No file for that--Berkut can handle it when he does the Swedes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Sweden drew a card. Over to Denmark.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The Danes built another CU in their capital and bought maneuvers with their other CP.  The 2nd patrol succeeded in finding the grand Russo-Swedish fleet.

I went ahead and rolled for evasion because I forgot that naval battles also incur a penalty but Berkut assures me that Viking would've attempted an evasion.

The evasion fails, so the Danes get +1 die for a total of 5 vs. the grand fleet's 5.  The naval battle resulted in a glorious victory for the Danes, though they only managed to smash their fellow Scandis rather than any Russians (assuming that Russia takes the hit on the Swedes).  The Russian fleet is driven into Kalmar, where it becomes blockaded.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

France, meanwhile, uses its resource to draw a card...

And gets something eminently useful :

QuoteFrance: France: Play Strategy card as Event

#54: 5 / Fouche

Message from France:
France draws a random card from any nation. Discard out of game if used as an Event after Napoleon Abdicates or Turn 3 - whichever occurs first.

As event. Targeting Prussia.

Grumbler owes me a card.  File coming soon--off to the British.  Keep in mind that I have pre-empt.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Prussia hopes France enjoys the card so much that she chokes on it.   :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

BTW, any time Napoleon wants to abdicate, france lets to let me know.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Take Paris and I'll consider it.   :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on May 05, 2009, 08:09:25 PM
Take Paris and I'll consider it.   :P
The way I read the rules, that will be too late.

Whatever, though. If you do decide that way, your course is clear.

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 05, 2009, 07:25:03 PM
I went ahead and rolled for evasion because I forgot that naval battles also incur a penalty but Berkut assures me that Viking would've attempted an evasion.

Eh, no. I built a fleet and sailed it out to fight the Danes, not evade them. Berkut, explain yourself  :berkut:

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

But lets continue anyway. It was for Berkut's benefit that I sent the fleet out to begin with.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on May 05, 2009, 08:26:24 PM
But lets continue anyway. It was for Berkut's benefit that I sent the fleet out to begin with.

If you disagree with the evasion, then I am more than happy to re-roll my dice on the battle (IE, 4 instead of 5).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 05, 2009, 08:29:27 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 05, 2009, 08:26:24 PM

If you disagree with the evasion, then I am more than happy to re-roll my dice on the battle (IE, 4 instead of 5).

I've been looking for the fight and I have the dice advantage plus I don't really need the fleets for anything else. So re-roll plz.