News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on May 06, 2009, 01:58:01 AM
I moved Spain to Pact using my Reserve and a second card.

Russia is up.

I was a little confused by this - what cards did you use to do that?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

A three cp card, and then a 2 cp card. Remember that I discarded my real Reserve to draw two new cards, the last of which was supposed to be my new "reserve". All per Habs's instructions, I don't have a clue.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Ahh, you only need 1 more space - I thought you needed 2. I did not know you could add the values together like that though. Good to know for the future.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Well, I assumed it was okay, since that is what Habs was doing to keep Spain on his track earlier. :)
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on May 06, 2009, 08:59:44 AM
Well, I assumed it was okay, since that is what Habs was doing to keep Spain on his track earlier. :)

No, not exactly.

Habs had to move Spain two spaces, so he played 2 cards, 1 for each space. I am not sure if you can use a + card to combine ops in the manner you did or not. I think it is still two distinct plays.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Well, then I'm lost, although Habs did move Spain to my control, so he seemed to think it was okay.  :goodboy:

Berkut

I suspect he wasn't paying any attention. I am sure he will chime in when he gets here though.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 06, 2009, 12:00:27 PM
I suspect he wasn't paying any attention. I am sure he will chime in when he gets here though.

Go back and look what cards I played to keep Spain.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Now that I have a moment, I'll just explain it.

Basically, using the "+" capability like that is the only way I could've preserved Spain's Pact at the time--as any other play would have to come in sequence or, as the rules say, "as if it were taking an Impulse."

Del's play is fine.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

OK, I *think* you are right - the + play allows you to play a card *within* the Impulse, so I guess you can aggregate the CPs like that.

0 rows returned

Viking

Consolidated Army in Milan. Davoudt can come and get me.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Prussia passes.

Turkey foments revots in Salzburg and Naples (you are welcome, guys)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Prussia cannot pass as they still have a non-Reserve card in their hand.

You could expend a Resource (drawing a card) as a form of pass if you wish, though.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on May 07, 2009, 05:30:01 PM
Prussia cannot pass as they still have a non-Reserve card in their hand.
Not according to ACTS, I don't.  I'd be glad to have another card, though, if you have better info than ACTS.  Ya wanna give me back the card I sent to you for the Fouche card play?  I'd be glad to play that instead of passing.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!