News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Jesus Christ you have the right cards.

I'm ordered to bed. I play a 4 cp card (my last) to bring back troops from regroup, don't have time to do a file.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I must have mixed up the cards. My last card is Royal Largess, I play it to let Britain draw a card instead of bringing back troops. And I set Spain to neutral.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Lots of cards left in that French hand... It seems to have rendered us unactive this turn.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on May 10, 2009, 05:26:10 PM
Prussia is up.
Roger that.  Will do my turn when i get home from school.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Prussia passed, Turkey ended Serb Revolt.

Spain is up
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

BTW, almost everyone sent their last email turns as "Prussia actions" so I missed them all as actual things getting done, rather than comments!  :lol:

If we can keep up with the game here a bit, I won't be sitting around when it is my turn, I will be looking for the play files.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Spain converts a unit into CPs so it can build a squadron in Valencia.

France then preempts Sweden to play a 3 CP card, building 1 CU in Ratisbon (with Napoleon), then moving the little general and 8 CUs to Thuringia.

Yorck and 4 CUs made the interception against him, so grumbler has the option to intercept there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on May 11, 2009, 06:03:23 PM
Yorck and 4 CUs made the interception against him, so grumbler has the option to intercept there.
I'll pass! :lol:

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

:P  I feel honor-bound to offer.

Sweden's random-play coming up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Sweden plays a 2 CP card to build 1 CU in Stockholm.

Denmark is out of cards, so France is up.

Napoleon and 8 CUs flag Thuringia, move on to Anhalt, flag it and then move on to attack Berlin.

Yorck made his interception to Berlin, so grumbler has the option there again.

Hypothetically, the battle is 14 dice vs. 10 with no cards.  France has 3 CPs remaining and a potential + play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on May 11, 2009, 06:23:14 PM
Sweden plays a 2 CP card to build 1 CU in Stockholm.

Denmark is out of cards, so France is up.

Napoleon and 8 CUs flag Thuringia, move on to Anhalt, flag it and then move on to attack Berlin.

Yorck made his interception to Berlin, so grumbler has the option there again.

Hypothetically, the battle is 14 dice vs. 10 with no cards.  France has 3 CPs remaining and a potential + play.
I will intercept in Berlin.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quite the battle.  50% hit rate for both sides--fortunately, I have the bigger battalions.

Prussians take 3 disrupts, 4 kills.  France takes 3 disrupts, 2 kills.  Not quite a rout, but enough for a win.

Need to know where Yorck and the remaining 4 CUs are retreating to.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on May 11, 2009, 06:59:39 PM
Need to know where Yorck and the remaining 4 CUs are retreating to.
Breslau.

Nice shootin' Tex!

Bayraktar!