And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 24, 2009, 02:59:55 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 24, 2009, 02:40:51 PM
N.B. swapping camps would have been a game winning move for me had Habbaku almost surely refused.

:unsure:

Changing camps I'd be basically be able to guarantee Zurich, Munich and Milan, while a small army could defend Grodno. Then I'd play My home card for a resource and then have 6 VP at the end of the turn.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 27, 2009, 03:25:35 PM
Changing camps I'd be basically be able to guarantee Zurich, Munich and Milan
14.13 FLAG CONSEQUENCES: A nation changing Camps
must unflag any Duchies it holds of its new Allies. Its new Allies,
for their part, may immediately unflag any Duchies of their
new Camp partner that they wish per prior agreement, but must
unflag their new ally's Capital
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

I believe that it is my turn, but I won't be able to get to this until I get home from work, in about 10 hours.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

AG Blucher invades Picardy with 10CU,  Murats sits on his ass in Paris, and Soult fails to evade.

No Prussian CC.  Any French ones?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Grumbler, rolling for evasion without prior notice isn't good for this game since there are actual negatives to failed evasions.  I can't honestly say whether I would have evaded or not, but I'll stick with what's rolled.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Actually, I can say that I wouldn't have evaded after reminding myself of what the Danes are packing.

Lost Dispatch :

QuoteRoll a die. That many enemy Units/leaders of their Commander's choice do not appear in the first round of battle and are unaffected by losses therefrom. If the battle is lost, they must retreat with the survivors of the battle. If no Units/leaders remain to give battle, none is fought and they retreat. If a second round is fought, they participate normally.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from France:
Rolling for the number of wandering Prussians.

:menace:  Prussians are too busy looting upper France to fight in battle, it seems.

Doesn't look like it mattered too much, alas.  First day resulted in 2 deaths for each side.  Second is...

A rout of Soult's remaining command.  2 Prussians die and the entirety of Soult's corps is wiped out--Prussians also get a flag overrun.

Grumbler has 2 CPs remaining to spend.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 28, 2009, 05:21:19 PM
Grumbler, rolling for evasion without prior notice isn't good for this game since there are actual negatives to failed evasions.  I can't honestly say whether I would have evaded or not, but I'll stick with what's rolled.
I didn't realize that there was a lost die for evasion attempts.  Mea culpa.

I would have retreated from the battle without question, if possible, but won't make any evasion assumptions in future.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 28, 2009, 05:23:19 PM
Actually, I can say that I wouldn't have evaded after reminding myself of what the Danes are packing.

Lost Dispatch :

QuoteRoll a die. That many enemy Units/leaders of their Commander's choice do not appear in the first round of battle and are unaffected by losses therefrom. If the battle is lost, they must retreat with the survivors of the battle. If no Units/leaders remain to give battle, none is fought and they retreat. If a second round is fought, they participate normally.
I didn't realize allied minors could play cards in the major country battles where they were not involved.  That's incredibly useful!

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 28, 2009, 05:27:47 PM
Doesn't look like it mattered too much, alas.  First day resulted in 2 deaths for each side.  Second is...

A rout of Soult's remaining command.  2 Prussians die and the entirety of Soult's corps is wiped out--Prussians also get a flag overrun.

Grumbler has 2 CPs remaining to spend.
Soult should have tried to evade.  He had a 5 in 6 chance.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

You can't attempt to evade between rounds--there was a second battle roll because the first was a "tie".  Trust me, he would have if he'd been able to do so...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 28, 2009, 06:39:54 PM
You can't attempt to evade between rounds--there was a second battle roll because the first was a "tie".  Trust me, he would have if he'd been able to do so...
I mean before the battle.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

He didn't evade before the battle because I had the battle card--fairly decent odds of getting a fair fight, one way or the other, and halting the army in Picardy or better.

No evasion from Paris; Murat dukes it out.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Actually... :frusty:

I am wrong--that card isn't playable for the battle since it is an actual combat card rather than like my earlier play that merely caused attrition.

-J. R. R. Tolkien