News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Bagration and 4 CU (less the 2 who starved in the passes north of milan) attack an undefended massena who still gets 6 dice.

Will habbaku evade or fight?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

This is a crazy guess, but I am going with evade.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

In an epic two-day battle, Massena's bodyguard successfully uses the mountain passes to outmaneuver and defeat the entirety of Bagration's corps.

The first round resulted in 1 disrupt each--leading to another round.  The second round turned up 1 disrupt for the Russians and 1 kill for the French--a French win, at the end of the day.

The Russians have 3 CPs left...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

14 dice get me 2 disrupts  :bleeding:

2/4 Kutuzov and the other 6 CU rinse and repeat, charging into milan.

evade? cards?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

This time Kutuzov charges through the Alps and Attacks Massena with the other 6 CU in Zurich.

Damn, the things I do for my allies.... I started this turn with 20 CU in southern germany, now I'm down to 10.

Habbaku

Evasion succeeds.  Massena skitters off to Genoa.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on April 23, 2009, 05:37:37 PM
Damn, the things I do for my allies.... I started this turn with 20 CU in southern germany, now I'm down to 10.

:rolleyes: You're going to be up 2 keys for your efforts.  Cry me a river.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

3/4 Mark Milan
4/4 1 CU moves from Wurtemburg to Zurich

groan...

Habbaku

Napoleon and 5 CUs moved off to Linz, where they may be intercepted by Ferdinand.  Ferdinand's forces succeeded at their interception.

French have 3 CPs left before the interception.  Delirium's option.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The Austrians declined to intercept, so Napoleon flagged Linz...

...then moved in to capture Vienna.

QuoteFrance: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 15

Message from France:
The Austrians fight it out. 11 French vs. 4 Austrian dice. French dice first.

My final CP is used to flag Budapest (and to kill Tamas' ancestors, creating some sort of weird time paradox).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Action phase is over with, so we're off to attrition.  The Austrians in Venice roll and...

France: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 9

Message from France:
Off to the attrition phase.

Austrians in Venice roll for attrition, then flag the space.

2 Austrian CUs die.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from France:
That's all the attrition. Time for a potential conquest of Austria.

DRM is +1 (+2 keys lost, -1 for being Austrian).

Praise the Maker.  Austria is conquered.
France: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from France:
Austria is conquered and knocked out of the Coalition for the turn. Rolling for the number of duchies.

And I get 6 duchies.  I picked Venice (forcing an Austrian regroup), Salzburg and Prague as my ceded duchies while the Austrians gave the Bucovina, Kronstadt and Banat duchies to the greater French Empire.

I also gain a resource from the conquest and Austria loses their +1 key status.

With all that done...It's off to the peace phase.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Peace Phase; current VPs :

France : 2
Britain : 0
Austria : -3
Russia : 4
Prussia : 4

Believe it or not...that puts Prussia in the lead.  The peace roll is currently only a '6', though, without Prussia throwing a card in.

Britain is the first to declare whether they will ditch a card or not.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

A very unfortunate turn of events this.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Britain will not throw a card in, since France has so very many, I am quite sure them and Russia can do it this turn.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned