News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Denmark's fleet fails to catch the Swedish one and Denmark builds up its capital defense forces.

Meanwhile, the Serbians cause a bit of mischief...

QuoteSerbian Revolt

Turkish Formations may not exit Turkey while this event is in play. Those outside Turkey Regroup. Any unspent odd CP of a Turkish Neutral build is used to attempt to end this Foreign War instead of placing the +1 CP marker. The +1 CP marker, if already in play, is removed. Add #1 to all attempts to end Turkish Foreign Wars (but not the Serbian Revolt) while this event is in play.

Welcome to the world of foreign wars, grumbler!  All the Turks outside Turkey are sent to regroup and all their flags (IE, in Spain) are removed.  Huzzah!

Off to Britain.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Actually, I am slightly wrong about the flags.  The flags in Madrid and Valencia stay put--they are not counted as Formations for purposes of that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Britain builds some troops to clear out these pesky Irish, and then Moore promptly loses the first battle.

Then we shuffled some fleets around. All in all a nearly total waste of a 6-CP card.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Got Nappy to move around a bit. Russia is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Holy fucking shit. At least Habs has used up all his big dice rolls now...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I must note that Del's status line is "Never tell me the odds"

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

QuoteRussia: Russia: Play Strategy card as Operations

#96: 2 / Tipping the Scales

Message from Russia:
Playing for CP

0.5/2 Remove Refit Marker on Built fleet. (form Baltic Fleet from 3 Squadrons in St. Pete)
1.0/2 Move Baltic Fleet in St. Pete to Gulf of Bothnia
1.5/2 Move Baltic Fleet in GoB to Baltic Sea

Danes can evade if they wish.

I use the 2/2 to patrol for the Danish fleet.

Russian fleet is out there with the Swedes looking for the Danes.

Habbaku

Are you actually going to roll for the patrol?  There's no need for me to evade if you can't find me...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Viking on April 17, 2009, 06:42:35 AM
I must note that Del's status line is "Never tell me the odds"

I've never complained so far!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

QuoteRussia: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from Russia:
Patrol Patrol

:(

Prussia up

grumbler

Blucher moves to Brussels.  Soult evading, or fighting?  Prussia has no CC.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Soult successfully evades to Picardy.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Blucher flags Brussels, and Turkey forces Spanish capitualation.  Turks claim Badajoz, but I don't know who decides which other duchy gets flagged as Turkish.  I am not holding up my turn for that, though, as it won't be a key, obviously, and Spain isn't at war anymore so it isn't urgent.

BTW, Berkut, you are welcome for the return of Lisbon and Oporto. 

Off to Spain, for whomever plays the neutrals.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 17, 2009, 01:12:33 AM
Welcome to the world of foreign wars, grumbler!  All the Turks outside Turkey are sent to regroup and all their flags (IE, in Spain) are removed.  Huzzah!
Who laughs last, laughs best.  :cool:

Bayraktar!