News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Well, it looks like Seedy has reverted to form, so we are kicking him from the game. Way to prove me wrong.

grumbler is going to step into his place so we can continue things.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Assuming Viking's still around, that is.

Viking, do you still want to press on?  I don't think I've seen you post here, yet, though I may have missed it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2009, 01:26:33 PM
Assuming Viking's still around, that is.

Viking, do you still want to press on?  I don't think I've seen you post here, yet, though I may have missed it.

He posts as gnikiV
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Awesome, thanks.  Now let's see if he posts...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

grumbler

I will do the Prussian turn as soon as I know what is going on.  It will likely be aboneheaded move, but that doesn't bother me, so long as the game advances.

How do I know what cards Seedy drew, for instance?  Or does it matter?

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

I actually just changed you to the Prussian player.  Your hand is indicated on the ACTS website--the left-hand side holds them all, as well as displaying the exact text/CP values of the cards.

I will send you a full card list along with the game files you need so that you can familiarize yourself with them, if necessary.  I strongly suggest reading the Reserve card of each nation, at the minimum.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Most important thing to remember is that you are neutral this, the first turn.

And then you must help us against the Ogre!  :'(
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on March 17, 2009, 01:42:39 AMMost important thing to remember is that you are neutral this, the first turn.

That's only true for the first round, not the first turn.  Prussia is free to declare war/join a camp at any time at the moment, but it will cost them 7 CPs to do so (which may be paid by using any number of cards, of course, since there are no 7 CP cards).

I wholly welcome Prussia declaring on Austria and splitting the spoils with me.   ;)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM
Well, it looks like Seedy has reverted to form, so we are kicking him from the game. Way to prove me wrong.

You always liked Viking more. :'(

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2009, 01:45:45 PM
You always liked Viking more. :'(
Hell, they always liked Fate more.  8)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Delirium

Replied, our formidable grenzers will cover our orderly retreat from Linz back to our capital and our Russian friends.

Berkut

Habs built some more troops after that, including one to threaten/defend from Naples.

The Brits played a 3 CP card to take there last squadron out of regroup, refit both squadrons, and sail them into the Western Med and Tyrrenhian Sea.

Austria is now up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned