News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Yesterday?

Anyway, I already announced I'll lose a card since I got tired of waiting.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Alright, so Austria's committing a card, Russia isn't, Prussia cannot...and France will choose to decline to influence the roll.

Britain may feel free to spend a card, but something tells me that they will decline.

Now we're off to the interphase.

Grumbler, your Prussians have the option now to attempt to join either camp.  Any of the players within the camp you're joining may veto it.  I will, of course, not veto your joining the Imperial camp and I suspect the others would like you to join them as well.

Alternatively, you may stay neutral and declare war during the turn at a cost of 7 CPs, or wait for the free interphase declaration at the end of this turn as well.  Your decision.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

So this means that there is no peace die roll?  That the Interphase begins?

If so, I am open to offers.  Like (from the allies) the return of Warsaw, and the Parliament card for this turn.  I will undertake to raise some Landwehr and move the Turks, as best I can, to an alliance.

From the French, I don't have a good handle on what you could offer, but I am listening.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Correct, no peace roll since the modifiers cancel (-1 for the Austrian card sacrifice means that a 7 is necessary to end the game).

As for my "offer" as it is, it was posted earlier.  I can't directly hand you anything other than a favorable event that I might get (The Sultan's Ear/i], for example, could shift it in your favor.

The only thing I have to give is a promise to tie down extensive amounts of troops in Austria while you party in Poland.  At the same time, I'd be willing to deploy a Spanish leader and 4 CUs to your territory to defend it from any potential counter-attacks.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2009, 07:42:13 PM
So this means that there is no peace die roll?  That the Interphase begins?

If so, I am open to offers.  Like (from the allies) the return of Warsaw, and the Parliament card for this turn.  I will undertake to raise some Landwehr and move the Turks, as best I can, to an alliance.

From the French, I don't have a good handle on what you could offer, but I am listening.

I will offer Parliament conditionally - barring something unforseen happening, I intend to send it your way. Generally, if something unforseen happens, I may ask for you to allow me to do something else with it - my goal is for it to be used as effectively as possible, where it is needed. So, while I will give you "first dibs" on it, I would hope that you would realize it may be the case where we need it somewhere else, depending on the conditions.

I would hope, of course, that Russia would agree to give Warsaw back - that is a perfectly reasonable request.

Now, technically by rule, we are not supposed to offer you anything to join us - you are supposed to propose a deal to us, which we can reject or accept. I don't know how strictly that is generally followed however.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Once Prussia is sorted out, the next phase will be reinforcements, which technically go in move order, but does not really need to unless there is some good reason for it, like a camp switch.

So start thinking about that.

• France: 18 CPs
• Britain: Six CPs
• Austria, Russia, Prussia: Eight CPs each
• Spain, Ottoman Turks: Four CPs each
• Denmark, Sweden: Two CPs each

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Spain drops 2 CUs in Madrid.
Denmark drops 1 CU in Copenhagen.
France drops 9 CUs in Paris.

Deployment comes after purchases, so I'll wait a minute for that to see how Prussia swings.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Russia places 3 in Grodno and 5 in Moscow.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Delirium

Ach nein, that's cp to buy units, not actual units.

I build in Vienna.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Sweden places 1 CU in Stockholm
Britain places 3 CUs in London

Also, these builds have to all go to your capital. You will get a chance to deploy them though.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Ah, of course. That's 4 cu in Vienna then.

Viking

Quote from: Viking on March 30, 2009, 06:17:30 AM
Russia places 3 in Grodno and 5 in Moscow.

I gotta read the rules more carefully...

4 CU in Moscow then.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

So we are just waiting on grumbler to declare his camp. Hopefully he will Do The Right Thing.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 30, 2009, 11:54:31 AM
So we are just waiting on grumbler to declare his camp. Hopefully he will Do The Right Thing.

He has the choice of fighting the french alongside the russians and austrians this turn, or fighting them alone next turn.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on March 30, 2009, 11:54:31 AM
Unless Russia agrees to return Warsaw, I am inclined to stay on the sidelines and court neutrals. We need to get this resolved so the game can continue.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!