News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Grumbler passed.  I burned my resource to draw a card and don't wish to play anything with the +capability.

Berkut's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Played Admiralty as an event, drew two more cards.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

I'm mixing up games here and couldn't make sense of the rules if I have to play my last card or not. I would lean towards having to play it, but how come grumbler could pass then?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

grumbler

Quote from: Delirium on March 26, 2009, 03:48:29 AM
I'm mixing up games here and couldn't make sense of the rules if I have to play my last card or not. I would lean towards having to play it, but how come grumbler could pass then?
The only card I have left is my reserve.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

OK, with my preempt I used my resource to draw a card, then played a 3 CP card to move 2 units from regroup to Naples and flip the Swedish consul to the '+' side.

Russia is up, but they have no cards. Prussia is next. I no longer have preempt, since I think France has used both of her reserves and we both have 3 actual cards left.

0 rows returned

grumbler

I don't have access to the board here at work, but will pass once again.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

OK, then we are back to France I believe.

Actually, if France does have a reserve left, I will preempt them.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Turns out that Habs still has a reserve card, so that means I still have pre-empt.

Played a 4 CP card to move Sweden into Pact status.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Antagonized by the Swedish alliance with Britain, Denmark decided to sign on with its only hope at protection.

Elsewhere, Salzburg was seized and the Austrian armies outflanked, though we'll see if Charles feels like a fight against Napoleon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Brits sent some much needed aid to their Austrian friends, and took Rome in a bloody fight.

0 rows returned

Berkut

grumbler, if you don't play your reserve card now, you probably will not get another chance.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Charles did not feel like fighting with Nappy so he picked a fight with Massena instead. We won, and took Milan. Before he knew it, Charles had taken Marseilles as well. We're just as surprised as you are.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

I have no more cards and no dire need for spending my resource for another card. On to Prussia.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Del, it turns out that once you fight a battle, you can no longer move with that formation, unless you get an Overrun.

So Chuck is going to have to stay in Milan. You can place flags with him still though. So you are going to need to re-do your last 3 CPs.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Bah, stupid rules! And why do I have a 1 in 6 record on what should be 1 in 3 chances? Fortunately I roll as crappy for France as well.