News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Delirium on March 23, 2009, 06:31:46 AM
Replied, our formidable grenzers will cover our orderly retreat from Linz back to our capital and our Russian friends.

Couldn't you have sent the army in vienna to linz with the grenzer card?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Delirium

I could, but now he needs to activate again to get a decisive battle.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

File sent. Charles attacked Massena in Milan and after a lacklustre battle over two days withdrew after what both sides will view as a victory but is a draw in game terms. Exactly the same number of dice in both rounds, total of 17 each, but we only scored three hits each.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Quote from: Delirium on March 23, 2009, 01:57:32 PM
File sent. Charles attacked Massena in Milan and after a lacklustre battle over two days withdrew after what both sides will view as a victory but is a draw in game terms. Exactly the same number of dice in both rounds, total of 17 each, but we only scored three hits each.

Oh the beauties of this game's combat system.  :D

P.S. Yay the smilies are back! :hug:

Delirium

Any particular reason why the Russians don't do their turn?

Berkut

Come on viking, what is the hold up?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Moving a stack into warsaw with Bagration. 6+2 vs 2 battle. Am france has only two cards left in his hand, so I am proceeding on the assumption that france will NOT play cards.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Results from battle at warsaw

QuoteRussia: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 13

Message from Russia:
Battle in Warsaw:

Attacking Russians (first) have 9 dice (6 units, 2 for leader, 1 for national bonus)

Defending Poles (last) have 4 dice (2 for units, 2 for national bonus, since the poles are all french)

13 dice rolled, first 9 russian, last 4 polish. Kills on 6 and disrupt on 5. Poles cannot evade since they have no friendly or controlled dutchy to evade to.

Russia takes no casualties, france receives 5 disrupts and since poland cannot retreat to a friendly or controlled dutchy it can A) voluntarily get disbanded or B) retreat to lublin after suffering attrition. Assuming B) I'll roll for attrition of the two poles going into lublin.

Viking

Poland suffers one attrition (gets rounded up).

Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from Russia:
Attrition of poles going to Lublin. They are french and it gets halved.

I spend CP 2/4 to flag warsaw and CP 3/4 to move to lublin.

Edit: Ignore this shit

Berkut

The French all die, that is rout. And disruption hits are kills in a rout.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Battle of Lublin 6 Russians with leader against 1 Pole

Request: 6-sided die x 12

Message from Russia:
Battle of Lublin, still no chance for poles to evade.

9 Russian dice against 3 French(Polish) dice.
First 9 russian last 3 polish

Poles Suffer 1 disrupt, Russia suffers nothing. I still can't kill these bastards!

Though a fine reading of the Combat rules tell me that I didn't get an Overrun since the poles were not all killed. So I can't advance to Lublin.

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 25, 2009, 04:01:05 PM
The French all die, that is rout. And disruption hits are kills in a rout.

I wish.

QuoteA victor inflicting at least three more casualties than he suffered
(regardless of the Round(s) in which they were inflicted), causes
a rout.

I only could inflict 2 casualties. So I have to take back my battle of Lublin and return to warsaw. I know, I think it's pretty stupid, that I can rout a size 3 formation, but not a size 2 formation.

However if Berkut is right and I am wrong then someone should tell me right away.

Habbaku

No, Berkut is definitely correct.  Just because there are not 3 CUs to hit doesn't mean that a force smaller than 3 cannot be routed--the Poles are ousted at Warsaw, you get a flag overrun (free flag in Warsaw) and now have the remainder of your CPs to spend.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

OK so to clarify my turn

1/4 Move to Warsaw with Bagration + 6I kill 2 poles get free flag placement in Warsaw
2/4 Move Bagration + 6I to Lublin
3/4 Move Bagration + 6I to Krakow
4/4 Move Bagration + 6I to Moravia

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien