Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders

Started by jimmy olsen, August 03, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders?

American - I'd vote for Trump
11 (13.8%)
American - I'd vote for Sanders
27 (33.8%)
American - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
American - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Trump
8 (10%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Sanders
25 (31.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
1 (1.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
4 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 28, 2015, 01:08:39 AM
45-40 is good, but the distribution could still mean an EC loss.
Very unlikely outside of a 1-2% popular vote margin.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Last Sunday I saw a dude with one of those ugly Trump hats.  I imagine it will be a hot item among hipsters once Trump is out of the race.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 27, 2015, 06:38:33 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2015, 06:33:16 PM
Jim Webb to the rescue!

We'll be lucky if he's still in the race by the time I get to caucus. Still, anything could happen.

I figured he'd get more traction as I thought he was more popular with the Dems.

DGuller

Is Webb actually in the race, or are people just fantasizing about him being in the race?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on August 28, 2015, 10:45:36 AM
Is Webb actually in the race, or are people just fantasizing about him being in the race?

Good question. I wasn't sure if he was in but I've seen a couple of polls with him in them, so I figured he might be in like O'Malley who also seems nearly invisible.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Wait there are more than two Democratic candidates? I don't buy it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on August 28, 2015, 03:39:39 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 28, 2015, 03:26:43 PM
https://www.webb2016.com/jim-webb-announces-candidacy-for-president/

I like most of what I read, am I missing something? Could get behind this fellow.
He's actually probably the best candidate in either party.  Kept his cool as a marine in combat and won the Navy Cross (which basically means he was nominated for The Medal and didn't make the cut).  Served as Secretary of the Navy and resigned on a matter of principal.  Wrote a bestseller and a number of other books.  Quite intellectual, but calls himself a redneck.  Very centrist (both the Republicans and democrats wooed him to run for office on their tickets; he's a Democrat, but a Blue Dog Democrat).  Accomplished what he wanted in the Senate (mostly veterans issues) and declined to run again, despite almost sure re-election.  Despised GW Bush, and doesn't care much for Obama. 

In other words, he is the kind of guy Raz would hate, and so the kind of guy I like.  He and Jim Harbaugh would get along great.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

He doesn't sound like the kind of person who should in the real world, be president then. Principles? WTF?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2015, 04:43:40 PM
He doesn't sound like the kind of person who should in the real world, be president then. Principles? WTF?

That's true if you don't believe in principles. Principles are for suckers, right? 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!