Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders

Started by jimmy olsen, August 03, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders?

American - I'd vote for Trump
11 (13.8%)
American - I'd vote for Sanders
27 (33.8%)
American - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
American - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Trump
8 (10%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Sanders
25 (31.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
1 (1.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
4 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

IIRC polls show Sanders beating Trump by 7 points, not quite a landslide but pretty decisive.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Drakken

So the Donald is now the new American Gracchus? Hope he won't end the same. :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Drakken on August 27, 2015, 08:30:14 AM
So the Donald is now the new American Gracchus? Hope he won't end the same. :hmm:

He would consider the Gracchi commies, I'm sure.

grumbler

:huh:  He is the American Sulla.  Sanders isn't quite Gracci-left, but he's a hell of a lot closer than Trump.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2015, 09:39:04 AM

:huh:  He is the American Sulla.  Sanders isn't quite Gracci-left, but he's a hell of a lot closer than Trump.

But Trump would be considered and is considered a traitor to his class in Republican circles. Sanders is not.  :hmm:

It isn't even sure the Gracchi brothers were commies, either. What we do know is that both were not above using the mob to further their own political ends, and the hell be done with the Senate. Promising land reform, when most veterans were coming back from war to see their lands bought in absentia and toiled by slave workers instead, isn't exactly promising Babouvist-like communism.

Valmy

To be fair simply being in favor of reforming which togas the Tribunes wore at the popular assemblies would label you a dangerous radical who needs to be assassinated before he crowns himself king in those days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Drakken on August 27, 2015, 12:33:35 PM
But Trump would be considered and is considered a traitor to his class in Republican circles. Sanders is not.  :hmm:

It isn't even sure the Gracchi brothers were commies, either. What we do know is that both were not above using the mob to further their own political ends, and the hell be done with the Senate. Promising land reform, when most veterans were coming back from war to see their lands bought in absentia and toiled by slave workers instead, isn't exactly promising Babouvist-like communism.

How could Trump be considered a traitor to his class?  He seems to perfectly embody his class.

The Gracchi wanted to turn all public land over to the poor.  That's not "commie" or "Babouvist-like communism," but neither is Bernie Sanders.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2015, 12:47:26 PM
To be fair simply being in favor of reforming which togas the Tribunes wore at the popular assemblies would label you a dangerous radical who needs to be assassinated before he crowns himself king in those days.
So could opposing the reformation of tribunician assembly togas.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 08:06:00 AM
IIRC polls show Sanders beating Trump by 7 points, not quite a landslide but pretty decisive.

What is the cutoff for a landslide these days?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on August 27, 2015, 05:27:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 08:06:00 AM

What is the cutoff for a landslide these days?
Double digits
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point