News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

On that note - I'm off to the cottage. See you folks later, assuming i survive.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on August 28, 2009, 10:37:40 AM
On that note - I'm off to the cottage. See you folks later, assuming i survive.  :D

Do you have to use British terms when describing sex in public restrooms? :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

There must be something about water filters that confuses the hell out of Argentine women.

Back several years ago, my wife's best friend came up to stay with us for a couple weeks.  I noticed every time I came home from work, the filter in the Brita pitcher had been removed & then wedged in incorrectly.  I finally asked Gimena (my wife's friend) if she had been doing this.  She said she had, so I showed her how to properly fit the filter into the pitcher so that the water actually flows through the filter when you add water.

Gimena shakes her head & tells me that can't be right, because it takes too long for the water to get down to the bottom.  I tried explaining how the hell a water filter is supposed to work but got more blank stares.  I finally had to give her her own pitcher & told her to leave the Brita pitcher alone :frusty:

Had a similar incident with the mother in law, but at least I was able to talk some sense into her.

More recently (a couple days ago), my sister in law Meca, who is visiting for a few weeks, was complaining that our water flow was too weak from the kitchen faucet.  We have one of those faucet filters now, and all you have to do is push the filter back 90 degrees to redirect the water back through the faucet spout.  I showed her how to do that & told her I'd make a diagram for her if she wants it for future reference.  Turns out she was trying to fill up a big pan to make pasta, and she was using hot water, which completely ruined the filter I had just installed last week  :mad:

No other Meca incidents to speak of, other than her using my noise-isolating earphones  :x   Thank God for replacement tips & rubbing alcohol...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I don't like filters. Give me life unfiltered!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

No appreciation for my Cherokee empire? Come on, I did that without cheating at all.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2009, 12:26:42 PM
No appreciation for my Cherokee empire? Come on, I did that without cheating at all.

I find it shameful that a group of people one with nature, who do not recognize land ownership, and love every spirit of every being unconditionally would be cruelly corrupted by you to become bloodthirsty imperialists.

Native Americans are too full of peace and love to fight wars over territory.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2009, 12:37:41 PM

I find it shameful that a group of people one with nature, who do not recognize land ownership, and love every spirit of every being unconditionally would be cruelly corrupted by you to become bloodthirsty imperialists.

:D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2009, 12:37:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Also, I only fought two wars so far. I overran the Creek in the 1450s and I just overran Portuguese settlements in northern Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey.  The rest I gained by Vassalising and Diploannexing the Shawnee and moving the sliders so I'll get colonists. I also put all my investment in government and managed to get the 1st level in 1504 and picked the New World so I could get conquistadors.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

You included to explanation. I need explanation, I don't play EU.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Oh how the time flies.  I just got my 2010 Annotated Criminal Code.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

How do I send out missionaries?  :huh:

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2009, 07:48:29 PM
How do I send out missionaries?  :huh:

Select the province you want to send it to; the missionary button is jus tot the left of the provinces tax and trade info.