News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2009, 05:34:42 PM
My wife has taken to downloading torrents of HBO shows, and I'm tired of getting dinged with ridiculous bandwidth overage charges so I'm switching to cable internet from DSL.

They insist on sending someone out to "install" it.  :rolleyes:
Overage charges?  Wow, the Yukon is shit.

I've ordered HBO in order to avoid having my wife clogging my hard drive with gigs of shows.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2009, 08:55:25 PM
My wife has taken to downloading torrents of HBO shows, and I'm tired of getting dinged with ridiculous bandwidth overage charges so I'm switching to cable internet from DSL.

I've ordered HBO in order to avoid having my wife clogging my hard drive with gigs of shows.

Northwestel bought out the cable company, so they own absolutely all internet options.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2009, 09:06:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2009, 08:55:25 PM

Northwestel bought out the cable company, so they own absolutely all internet options.   :mad:
Didn't the Liberals make high speed internet a human right?  You should sue.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea

I have mother fucking hives!! I wish I could figure out what I'm allergic to.
I want my mother fucking points!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DisturbedPervert

Josquius

An observation: Are cats racist?
The two tortoise shell kittens always seem to hang around together and the black kitten seems to hang around with the black mother a lot...
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

I just discovered that a young colleague about 10 years younger than me used to be an evening TV news anchor before she joined the civil service.

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on August 28, 2009, 05:13:04 AM
I just discovered that a young colleague about 10 years younger than me used to be an evening TV news anchor before she joined the civil service.
Why'd she switch? :s
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Quote from: Tyr on August 28, 2009, 05:43:15 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 28, 2009, 05:13:04 AM
Why'd she switch? :s

Stability, I think.  A civil service career is much more stable than a career as a news anchor.  She is bound to grow old next year, when another new batch of fresh journalist grads show up.  If there is a face that is prettier than hers, she'll be gone. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on August 28, 2009, 05:46:45 AM
Stability, I think.  A civil service career is much more stable than a career as a news anchor.  She is bound to grow old next year, when another new batch of fresh journalist grads show up.  If there is a face that is prettier than hers, she'll be gone.

Here people watching the news value familiarity as much as hotness in our anchors, so many stick around into their 50s and 60s.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 28, 2009, 05:56:54 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 28, 2009, 05:46:45 AM

Here people watching the news value familiarity as much as hotness in our anchors, so many stick around into their 50s and 60s.

Here, the average age of news anchors is the low 20s.  The only requirement is good looks.  The fresh grads start as anchors.  As they age, they get less and less screen time, until they disappear. 

Grey Fox

North America does journalism & news TV quite differently then the rest of the world. Especially from what the Euros do.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 27, 2009, 07:14:11 PM
Survey says: 9 out of 10 participants enjoy gang rape.

:lmfao: so wrong...yet so right.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."