Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Heh. That one was actually real.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

The big bottle of Norcos are mighty tempting.

CountDeMoney

At least wait for the kids to grow up.  Then they just have to worry about therapy, and not all the other bullshit on top of it between now and then.

Ed Anger

They'll get to steal my silver stash. And sell my wargames on eBay for 5 bucks.

CountDeMoney

Not if you go the Viking funeral pyre route, they can't. 

"What is that, floating out on the lake and burning?"
"Looks like Ed, on an unpunched copy of Operation Typhoon."
"Flat tray?"
"Detergent box." 
"Fuck, man.  That's style."

PDH

I will be burned on my unpunched copy of VG's Pacific War
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2016, 08:06:02 PM
Not if you go the Viking funeral pyre route, they can't. 

"What is that, floating out on the lake and burning?"
"Looks like Ed, on an unpunched copy of Operation Typhoon."
"Flat tray?"
"Detergent box." 
"Fuck, man.  That's style."

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

It seems BHS is going bankrupt.
Don't care about that shop. I'm not its audience.
But still...damn. the death of the high street continues. I really fear for the future
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 27, 2016, 05:48:01 AM
But still...damn. the death of the high street continues. I really fear for the future

That shop is truly dreadful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

The future is online shopping, which is glorious compared to overpriced highstreet shops with limited selection of goods. Screw that.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on April 27, 2016, 08:01:21 AM

The future is online shopping, which is glorious compared to overpriced highstreet shops with limited selection of goods. Screw that.
There's more to high streets than shopping. They're community hubs.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Caught me a nice rainbow trout last weekend.  The three golden trout I caught were ugly so I didn't bother taking my picture with them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on April 27, 2016, 09:22:32 AM
Caught me a nice rainbow trout last weekend.  The three golden trout I caught were ugly so I didn't bother taking my picture with them.

You are doing it wrong. Read below: :contract:

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 25, 2016, 08:31:28 AM
My ideal fishing: floating in the middle of the lake on my kayak pretending to fish, sometimes I don't even put bait on my hook as actual catching of fish would involve too much work.  :P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Well, in fairness most of the time I was just sitting on a rock enjoying a cigar, half hoping I didn't catch anything.  And of course once it got dark we spent our time drinking beer and BS-ing around the fire.

My brother made a video of the trip:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2M59OKsrtg
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 27, 2016, 09:15:41 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 27, 2016, 08:01:21 AM

There's more to high streets than shopping. They're community hubs.

Sure and people can do those other things that aren't shopping. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.