Josquius

Dublin this weekend.
First time as an adult.
Much crack?
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

So apparently my gf has never heard of John Cleese. This is very disturbing news.
Can I cut her some slack because she's American or should I run away?  :unsure:

Eddie Teach

Is she considerably younger than you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on April 25, 2016, 02:07:11 PM
So apparently my gf has never heard of John Cleese. This is very disturbing news.

Cut her some slack. He has not done anything good for thirty years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Bury her in a shallow grave. People who have not heard of John Cleese aren't people, but plants from an alien species.

Admiral Yi

Normally I would say throw her under the bus, but then who would drive you around?  :hmm:

Caliga

If she's young, it's ok.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Quote from: Norgy on April 25, 2016, 02:43:31 PM

Bury her in a shallow grave. People who have not heard of John Cleese aren't people, but plants from an alien species.

Would she need to be watered?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2016, 02:12:17 PM

When I read this I thought, a Fish Called Wanda wasnt that long ago.  But it was 1988.  Thanks for making me feel old. :(

Eddie Teach

I wonder if Lettow and Mono know who Cleese is.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 25, 2016, 02:11:52 PM
Is she considerably younger than you?

No, just a few years younger.

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2016, 02:12:17 PM

Python and Fawlty Towers were before my time too. Not really an excuse.

Quote from: Norgy on April 25, 2016, 02:43:31 PM

That archaeology degree would finally be of some use  ^_^

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2016, 02:44:57 PM
Normally I would say throw her under the bus, but then who would drive you around?  :hmm:

Hm, fair point. I'll sleep on it.

MadBurgerMaker

Ermahgerd it just hailed again.  Didn't last as long, but it was actually bigger than last time (some softball sized chunks landed in the backyard).  Sucks for the dude across the street, who JUST had a new windshield put on.  Like, the glass guy is still there and is stranded in the garage.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2016, 02:56:28 PM

When I read this I thought, a Fish Called Wanda wasnt that long ago.  But it was 1988.  Thanks for making me feel old. :(

I thought the same thing and looked up when it was made.   :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

I have dealt with brain dead Americans before, and there is some hope.  You need to explain, in simple terms, that she is an idiot and she should watch:  All the movies, TV shows, Python live performances, and You Tube interviews.  Then quiz her, a la "Diner" on the finer bits.

If she attempts to understand, there is hope.  If she doesn't get it then you are allowed to freeze her body and put it through a wood chipper.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Brazen

Now his name has been conjured I'm worried John Cleese will fall to the curse of 2016.