News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

The information contained on the phone

I just typed that by selecting quick replying and hitting the first autosuggest word on my phone.
Curious.
██████
██████
██████

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jaron on March 20, 2016, 01:18:59 AM
Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

First as tragedy, then as farce. -- K. Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Napoleon.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Legbiter

Spending the next week in Barcelona. Will probaly go through a pound of various bits of local ham & sausage a day along with whatever wine grows in Catalonia.  :ccr
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Quote from: Legbiter on March 20, 2016, 04:22:01 PM
Spending the next week in Barcelona. Will probaly go through a pound of various bits of local ham & sausage a day along with whatever wine grows in Catalonia.  :ccr

Be sure to try the pulpo. :thumbsup:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Quote from: Liep on March 20, 2016, 04:32:19 PM

Will do.  :hug:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

Quote from: Legbiter on March 20, 2016, 04:42:58 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 20, 2016, 04:32:19 PM

Will do.  :hug:

As for wine, Priorat seems to be all the rage among foreigners, which has made them very expensive.  <_<

Montsant, Penedès, Conca del Barberà... are cheaper, and good too. I'm not too good at brands, since I tend to trust the seller's judgment (they are usually honest) and I like just sampling different bottlers all the time. The biggest brands aren't usually the best anyway.

2010 was an excellent vintage in the region. Go for that if you feel like spending in wine. Younger vintages... 2012 very good, 2013 okay.

Capetan Mihali

Huh, they seemingly just introduced the Priorat vermouth over here in 2015...can't say it's anything to write home (or Catalunya) about, especially considering the price point and pretentious aura of the bottle.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Admiral Yi

Aubrey and Maturin drink a few cases of Priorato they liberate from a French merchantman. :nerd:

Jaron

We had department "awards" last week. <_<

I won:

1) Nerdiest (My current nickname is "Level 50 mage")
2) Least athletic
3) Most genuine

<_< <_< <_<
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Are you upset because your mage is level 100?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jaron on March 20, 2016, 10:29:35 PM
I won:

3) Most genuine

:lol: Only the master troll can take it that far, J. :hug:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 20, 2016, 09:35:25 PM
Huh, they seemingly just introduced the Priorat vermouth over here in 2015...can't say it's anything to write home (or Catalunya) about, especially considering the price point and pretentious aura of the bottle.

That's the thing. It's a good wine, but for whatever reason it has become the most popular Catalan wine abroad, which has made prices skyrocket (stupidly so), and prompted the apparition of a slew of so-so winemakers that use the brand.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Right, you're a paladin, not a mage. My bad.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?