News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

QuoteOr maybe you will miss your connecting flight to Istanbul unless you pay a transfer fee of 200 franks while in Kiev.  :hmm:
Really?

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2016, 12:46:13 PM
You could always miss your connecting flight...
Then I'd be in Kiev. Istanbul seems nicer :p
Though I wouldn't mind a trip to either.

When I saw this odd pricing I mentioned it to my Ukrainian colleague. He laughed but said "Don't even think about dumping the second leg". Apparently one of his friends was several months ago flying to Lviv (which requires going via Kiev). However something happened to her second leg flight and it was cancelled, she would have to wait until the following evening to get home. Rather than hanging around in Kiev for a day she decided to take the train to Lviv.
When it came to time to take her return flight..... it turns out her ticket had been cancelled due to her not being present on the second leg.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

And don't you need a visa for Ukraine? Istanbul is well worth a visit and the weather should be nice, but there's been a new terror attack in Turkey today so I'd be wary about going when there'll be loads of tourists.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

A no show always cancels all following legs on a ticket.

Liep

:lol:

Roughly translated:
Smoking kills
more people than Obama
even though he kills a lot of people.

Don't smoke
You don't need to be like Obama
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

If Obama can inspire just one Russian to quit smoking it will all have been worth it.

Why is he called 'Obamy' there? Is that a charming Russian nickname?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2016, 01:20:09 PM
In Russian, most nouns have an ending that differs depending on where they are used in a sentence.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on February 17, 2016, 01:02:51 PM
A no show always cancels all following legs on a ticket.

And don't think that means you can skip the final leg, because you won't get your luggage back unless you pay a hefty fine. :(

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on February 17, 2016, 01:22:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2016, 01:20:09 PM
In Russian, most nouns have an ending that differs depending on where they are used in a sentence.

The у instead of the а is easy, the м instead of й in похожим is harder. Is that instrumental?

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on February 17, 2016, 01:31:32 PM
The у instead of the а is easy, the м instead of й in похожим is harder. Is that instrumental?
It will obviously be wrong.  It's like the difference between "be like" and "is like".

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on February 17, 2016, 01:35:34 PM
It will obviously be wrong.  It's like the difference between "be like" and "is like".

I meant is it the instrumental case. :P

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on February 17, 2016, 01:38:26 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 17, 2016, 01:35:34 PM

I meant is it the instrumental case. :P
I have no idea what "instrumental case" is.  :blush:

Liep

Quote from: Liep on February 17, 2016, 12:59:26 PM
And don't you need a visa for Ukraine? Istanbul is well worth a visit and the weather should be nice, but there's been a new terror attack in Turkey today so I'd be wary about going when there'll be loads of tourists.

So it's actually quite horrible.

QuoteUp to 28 people have been killed and at least 60 injured in a rush-hour car bombing targeting military personnel in the heart of the Turkish capital.

Mehmet Kiliçer, the Ankara governor, said the explosion was aimed at a convoy of military vehicles as it passed through the administrative centre of the Turkish state, close to parliament, government buildings and Turkey's military headquarters.

An official at the armed forces' general staff confirmed military buses had been the target, hit by an explosive-laden car as they waited at traffic lights. The country's president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, said that the attack would only strengthen Turkey's resolve against insurgents.

Plumes of smoke were seen rising over the area and the powerful blast was heard all over the city, sending residents to their balconies in panic. Television footage showed an intense fire around a burned-out bus and emergency vehicles rushing to the scene.

A spokesman for the ruling Justice and Development party (AKP), Ömer Çelik, said he strongly condemned the attack as a "heinous act of terrorism".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/17/ankara-explosion-turkey-injures-large-number-of-people-reports-say

Josquius

Typical distance ran per game:

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

"Typical" includes linemen, who hardly run at all.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2016, 04:57:20 PM
"Typical" includes linemen, who hardly run at all.
I think it just means players, not officials, though linesmen do run a fair bit.
██████
██████
██████