News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on January 12, 2016, 09:26:45 PM

One thing that's different:  the IT sales people are no longer nerds... they've decided to go the 'blondes with hot bodies' route. :hmm:

Now there's fresh meat who understand technology. Back then only nerds did. Blondes with hot bodies will make better salesmen until the end of time.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 12, 2016, 09:35:33 PM
Now there's fresh meat who understand technology. Back then only nerds did. Blondes with hot bodies will make better salesmen until the end of time.
I didn't get the impression she understood much.  You're right though.  Sex sells.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

DS9 and TNG were far superior to Voyager and Enterprise.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 13, 2016, 01:59:23 AM
DS9 and TNG were far superior to Voyager and Enterprise.

Yes. Except the first season of TNG. Code of Honor. I mean come on.

Josquius

A realisation today: though my birthday is not for several months I am now in my 30th year.
Damn.
Nearly 30 and I still can't wake up in the morning.

Companies really should adopt a pushed back winter schedule. Or maybe knock a few hours off the work week a f put them on Saturday instead, not like there's anything else to do on weekends.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Quote from: Tyr on January 13, 2016, 03:22:11 AM
A realisation today: though my birthday is not for several months I am now in my 30th year.
Damn.

Companies really should adopt a pushed back winter schedule. Or maybe knock a few hours off the work week a f put them on Saturday instead, not like there's anything else to do on weekends.

Lazy boy!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

celedhring

Just got home after having my wisdom teeth pulled. It was very quick and they came off easily. Now waiting for the anesthesia to wear off, painkillers firmly in my hand.

Maladict

Grey Fox

Damn.

Fuck you. My weekends are my own.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2016, 08:09:17 AM
Damn.

Fuck you. My weekends are my own.

Yep.  I'd work 3 13 hour days if I could to get 4 days off.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on January 13, 2016, 08:56:57 AM

Hell I would work 2 20 hour days. Just give a place to lay down for 8 hours between shifts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2016, 01:05:52 PM

Hell I would work 2 20 hour days. Just give a place to lay down for 8 hours between shifts.

I knew a guy who worked airport maintenance. The schedule was a morning shift, followed 8 hours later by a night shift (on call in a room with a bed) and then an evening shift another 8 hours later. Then 4 whole days off.

Josquius

I was watching a documentary about the Kazakhstan dictator on youtube.
It finished and I just let it roll.... next video to start playing? Borat's Guide to Britain :lol:
██████
██████
██████

mongers

I have 14.91666667 working years left before I retire.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

I did that schedule for a while at a factory in Houston. I liked it a lot, actually.