News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Enterprise never got a fair shake.  All the Trek nerds were even mad about the theme song. :rolleyes:

IMO that theme song/opening sequence was actually great, but they should have paid Rod Stewart to use his version, which is way better.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Well the song clearly did suck. But not as bad as Voyager's writing sucked.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Voyager had writing?  I thought they ad-libbed everything.

Syt

First two seasons of Enterprise were extreme suck. Like this example: http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/e104.php Or this one: http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/e113.php Not to mention http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/e130.php

Though TNG sucked too in its first two seasons.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I just got a text message that reads: Your friend has asked you a question on Kiwi!  Go to etc etc to..

Anyone know what this is about?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2016, 02:46:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2016, 02:33:21 PM
Bring it, Pleats. :blurgh:

Choose your weapon.

I thought this was about your satisfaction. All the weapons I want to choose wouldn't be satisfying for you, I don't think.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2016, 05:07:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2016, 02:46:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2016, 02:33:21 PM
Bring it, Pleats. :blurgh:

Choose your weapon.

I thought this was about your satisfaction. All the weapons I want to choose wouldn't be satisfying for you, I don't think.

First you besmirch the good name of Star Trek, now you don't even know the proper etiquette when one challenges you to a duel.

:ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Hey I wanted to say dance dance revolution.

Admiral Yi

Iran has seized two boats and arrested the 10 Americans (9 men and 1 woman) on them.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2016, 06:38:26 PM
Iran has seized two boats and arrested the 10 Americans (9 men and 1 woman) on them.

Naval chap/chapesses or civilians?

edit:
never mind found it here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35295766

Looks like both sides are trying hard to play this down, though perhaps it's consequence of conservative forces reacting against moderation in the central government?

I guess there's an outside chance that maybe the boat/s did suffer a breakdown and drift into Iranian waters??
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on January 12, 2016, 06:45:43 PM

Didn't specify; one can infer civilian.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2016, 06:50:01 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 12, 2016, 06:45:43 PM

Didn't specify; one can infer civilian.

QuoteIran has detained 10 US sailors after their vessels were stopped in the Gulf, a US official told the BBC.

"We lost contact with two small US naval craft en route from Kuwait to Bahrain," the official said.

He said that the Iranians informed the US that the sailors were safe and "will promptly be allowed to continue their journey".

The incident happened near Farsi Island after one of the ships encountered mechanical problems.

Iran's semi-official news agency FARS reported that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard detained the nine men and one woman, and that they had been "trespassing" and "snooping" in Iranian waters.

After the incident, US Secretary of State John Kerry immediately called Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif to begin negotiations.

An unnamed official told the Associated Press that Mr Kerry "personally engaged with Zarif on this issue to try to get to this outcome".

Mr Kerry and Mr Zarif developed a personal relationship throughout three years of negotiating a nuclear deal.

The sailors are not likely to be released on Tuesday night, a US official told Reuters.

The conservative Tasnim news agency reported that the American boats were equipped with machine guns.

"Frequent calls by US official urging Tehran to free the detainees continues," reads the Tasnim report.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Caliga on January 12, 2016, 02:21:12 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 12, 2016, 01:02:26 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 12, 2016, 12:07:38 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2016, 12:00:55 PM
With Voyager? You betcha. It takes a special kind of disability to take a good on paper concept and turn it into 95% turds.
I liked Seven of Nine. :blush:

FYP
I actually think the half-Klingon chick was hotter. :bowler:

Traitor!

Caliga

I interviewed a guy today through the staffing agency I worked for about ten years ago, and I opted to do it in their offices.  EVERYTHING is exactly the same there.  Even the phones are the same, only ten years older and all crappy looking now. :lol:

On the way into the interview room I passed an old colleague and said "Hi Barb" and she said "Hi Cal" back as if we still worked together.  It was like I was caught in some kind of horrible time warp. :wacko:

One thing that's different:  the IT sales people are no longer nerds... they've decided to go the 'blondes with hot bodies' route. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points