News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

That's a feel-good story. Except the piercings.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

No, the issue is the hair.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

It's 3 years old, though. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

UGH so question about dental work:  a couple of weeks ago, I went to the dentist and found out I had my first cavity, apparently it is a small thing, but I don't know if they were just lying (similar to "This will only pinch a little!" when they shove a needle into your gum) or what.  Yay!  Anyhow, I got it...filled, or whatever...with all that comes with that, and for the last week or so when ever I eat something kinda chewy or have a piece of gum, I get this really bad pain on that side of my mouth (bottom right).  I goes away when I stop chewing, so it isn't a constant thing.  There wasn't any pain at all before they attacked me with their torture devices.

I don't remember them saying anything about gum or chewy stuff, but is this something that just takes some time and eventually goes away, or should I have called the damn dentist already?

UGH I probably should have called the damn dentist already.

MadImmortalMan

Ooo. Just had a big earthquake a minute ago.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 22, 2015, 08:07:57 PM
UGH so question about dental work:  a couple of weeks ago, I went to the dentist and found out I had my first cavity, apparently it is a small thing, but I don't know if they were just lying (similar to "This will only pinch a little!" when they shove a needle into your gum) or what.  Yay!  Anyhow, I got it...filled, or whatever...with all that comes with that, and for the last week or so when ever I eat something kinda chewy or have a piece of gum, I get this really bad pain on that side of my mouth (bottom right).  I goes away when I stop chewing, so it isn't a constant thing.  There wasn't any pain at all before they attacked me with their torture devices.

I don't remember them saying anything about gum or chewy stuff, but is this something that just takes some time and eventually goes away, or should I have called the damn dentist already?

You should have called the dentist already.

I had plenty of cavities filled back in the day and they never hurt after.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2015, 01:56:27 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 22, 2015, 08:07:57 PM

You should have called the dentist already.

I had plenty of cavities filled back in the day and they never hurt after.

This.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2015, 09:16:02 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 23, 2015, 02:16:32 AM
A rather nice map of the Roman empire

http://pelagios.dme.ait.ac.at/maps/greco-roman/
Thanks, this is great. :hug:

It's incredibly detailed. He wasn't kidding. Maybe I'll pull out my McCullough books again.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Richard Hakluyt