And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2015, 11:34:01 PM
Now where has Spicey gotten himself to?

Bengals are 7-0. He is pleasuring himself before Andy Dalton fucks everything up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Yeah I have seen that one before. Having always worked in government the typical gender ratio in my meetings is usually flipped :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2015, 05:05:19 PM
Yeah I have seen that one before. Having always worked in government the typical gender ratio in my meetings is usually flipped :P

Yeah, I really can't relate.  My entire management team is women.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

For many years I was the only male in my unit (at my civilian job), now out of 18 there are four of us.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2015, 05:06:35 PM

Otherwise known as "Mrs. BB".  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 05, 2015, 05:10:30 PM
For many years I was the only male in my unit (at my civilian job), now out of 18 there are four of us.

Why are you doing such girly work?  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 05, 2015, 05:11:27 PM

Otherwise known as "Mrs. BB".  :P

You're referring to his wife in the plural? You calling her fat? :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 05, 2015, 05:12:28 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 05, 2015, 05:10:30 PM

Why are you doing such girly work?  :P

I'm OK with getting paid for talking shit helping people on the phone all day.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

My whole career has been that way. I have a feeling once the oldster generation retires in large numbers, we're going to suddenly start noticing the old workplace balance tropes getting nuked.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Interesting (though dense and at times difficult to follow for the non pointy headed among us) article in the current Economist about the potential applications of the bitcoin "blockchain" concept.  Article starts off with the example of land registries in 3rd world countries subject to corruption and public fucking with ownership records, such as Guatemala and Greece.

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 05, 2015, 05:26:51 PM

My whole career has been that way. I have a feeling once the oldster generation retires in large numbers, we're going to suddenly start noticing the old workplace balance tropes getting nuked.

My department, R&D, has 3 women. None are management material.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

At the hearing yesterday some tearful fruitcake said that England, France, and Germany had all pulled wifi from libraries and schools and other similar places to prevent cancer from killing the children. That true? Can you not get wifi in any schools, libraries and so forth over there? Did you guys all think of the children?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

:huh:

There are free wireless networks all over the place.

Though admittedly I can't speak to schools or libraries. -_-

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2015, 10:46:30 AM
:huh:

There are free wireless networks all over the place.

Though admittedly I can't speak to schools or libraries. -_-

Let me just say I was highly skeptical of this claim of knowledge of international Wifi policies by some teary eyed farmer from the Hill Country.

I hope your cancer is not killing you too quickly garbon.