News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2015, 10:22:38 AM
Also, I just noticed when reading this article to my colleagues, that she says next time she is going to sit her sweaty body down in a chair. Ugh.

That's terrible, you should avoid eating at any restaurants just in case.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2015, 04:58:07 AM
I don't think you will understand this, but there is such thing as proper decorum. People who are sweaty and smelly break it. I am not sure if I would point it out to someone, but mainly because I am too polite to do so - but would give disapproving looks.

I.e., you'd point it out passive-aggressively.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2015, 11:21:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2015, 04:58:07 AM
I don't think you will understand this, but there is such thing as proper decorum. People who are sweaty and smelly break it. I am not sure if I would point it out to someone, but mainly because I am too polite to do so - but would give disapproving looks.

I.e., you'd point it out passive-aggressively.

The main thing I didn't like about the article is that she cared so much about what a Marti clone thought.

Martinus

This is probably not going to interest too many people here (I miss Seedee and Sheilbh!) but a Polish prelate of the Vatican Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith (the Catholic Church's Holy Inquisition, essentially), and a prominent Vatican theologian and philosopher who wrote a hugely commented on article earlier this week attacking the Polish church for its hate speech and homophobia... has just come out. I look forward to this issue developing and what the Pope's reaction will be - I find it hugely interesting and inspiring, even though I consider myself an ex-Catholic.

mongers

Something for 11B4V perhaps,

Look what turned up outside my house this afternoon?

My kid brother just picked it up from Southampton docks and stopped by on the way home.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on October 02, 2015, 03:14:29 PM

He'd need a gun rack installed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2015, 01:27:28 PM
This is probably not going to interest too many people here (I miss Seedee and Sheilbh!) but a Polish prelate of the Vatican Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith (the Catholic Church's Holy Inquisition, essentially), and a prominent Vatican theologian and philosopher who wrote a hugely commented on article earlier this week attacking the Polish church for its hate speech and homophobia... has just come out. I look forward to this issue developing and what the Pope's reaction will be - I find it hugely interesting and inspiring, even though I consider myself an ex-Catholic.

Come out as non-pedophile?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

My kid brother just picked it up from Southampton docks and stopped by on the way home.

That's a good truck there. :cheers:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2015, 03:16:15 PM

hehe  :yes:

Spent these last off days getting ready for Deer/Elk season.

Warning Order Issued to household 28 Sep

Rifles sighted in, supply lists and consolidation, new tent, new stika outer gear (expensive  :mad:), and truck PMCS'ed.

Operations Order will be issued 28 October 2015 @ 0800 PST
Final PCI's 31 October 2015 @ 0700 PST
Departure: Classified

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2015, 05:13:10 PM

Yeah, I can see his reasoning in that you might as well have something distinctive as compared to a lot of today's bland wedges.

Though it cost him a fair bit to ship from Washington state to England.  :bowler:

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on October 02, 2015, 05:22:37 PM

Yeah, I can see his reasoning in that you might as well have something distinctive as compared to a lot of today's bland wedges.

Though it cost him a fair bit to ship from Washington state to England.  :bowler:

No doubt on the shipping. I would imagine not too many of those over there. There should be clubs though.

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2015, 05:26:07 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 02, 2015, 05:22:37 PM

No doubt on the shipping. I would imagine not too many of those over there. There should be clubs though.

Yeah he's checking those out.

His two little lads are gonna love this when they see it.  :cool:

Grey Fox

Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Rifles sighted in, supply lists and consolidation, new tent, new stika outer gear (expensive  :mad:), and truck PMCS'ed.

I don't hunt, too boring. However I am going fishing next week-end!   :alberta:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 02, 2015, 05:45:05 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

I don't hunt, too boring. However I am going fishing next week-end!   :alberta:

:D I find fishing boring. Good luck though.

crazy canuck

Trevor Noah's bit on Trump being presidential by African standards was hilarious.