News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Iormlund on October 02, 2015, 12:56:35 AM
Landed a final interview at a huge Tier 1, in my hometown. Got here somehow despite not fulfilling any of the requirements listed in the job offer. Not even one. :huh:

Got to be there with the heads of HR and Engineering in two hours. If I somehow make it work, I'll come back home, with a new career path, great salary and working conditions.

I have absolutely no idea of how that went.  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2015, 04:49:38 AM
Martinus says, as usual, "Rights?  Acceptance?  Privilege?  I got mine, so fuck you."

I suppose the need to politicize everything is kind of exhausting, but she didn't claim it was the end of the world (although you might as well be claiming that it is the end of world).  It is bad manners to point out in a condescending manner that some stranger is sweating: there's all kinds of reasons they might be, like they had to run to catch a bus, etc.  In her case, she just wanted to get a coffee after a run.  Weird?  Maybe.  Not your business.

And you complain about fat people all the time, now you complain about them running.  Make up your mind!

It is also bad manners to be sweating all over the place, and likely smelling in closed quarters - particularly a food/drink shop.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2015, 04:58:07 AM
I don't think you will understand this, but there is such thing as proper decorum. People who are sweaty and smelly break it. I am not sure if I would point it out to someone, but mainly because I am too polite to do so - but would give disapproving looks.

Agreed. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

I just got a call from this number: "+1 (991) 1"

Some guy who sounded mildly retarded claimed to be from Microsoft. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on October 02, 2015, 08:11:12 AM

Possibly a scammer like this? http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/i-am-calling-you-from-windows-a-tech-support-scammer-dials-ars-technica/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on October 02, 2015, 08:15:27 AM
Quote from: Liep on October 02, 2015, 08:11:12 AM

Possibly a scammer like this? http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/i-am-calling-you-from-windows-a-tech-support-scammer-dials-ars-technica/

Yes, he did say his name was John, which I think is why I mistook his (quite heavy) Indian accent for retardation. :blush: It was quite clearly not from Microsoft so I just hung up after he said he called "because of my computer".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2015, 07:29:30 AM
Martinus says, as usual, "Rights?  Acceptance?  Privilege?  I got mine, so fuck you."

I suppose the need to politicize everything is kind of exhausting, but she didn't claim it was the end of the world (although you might as well be claiming that it is the end of world).  It is bad manners to point out in a condescending manner that some stranger is sweating: there's all kinds of reasons they might be, like they had to run to catch a bus, etc.  In her case, she just wanted to get a coffee after a run.  Weird?  Maybe.  Not your business.

And you complain about fat people all the time, now you complain about them running.  Make up your mind!

It is also bad manners to be sweating all over the place, and likely smelling in closed quarters - particularly a food/drink shop.

Sure but that's not what happened

lustindarkness

In honor of this silly seaty conversation, I think I will stop by starbucks after I run the trails this evening, so I will be sweaty, stinky and muddy. Or maybe Chik Fil A, there's one right there too.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 02, 2015, 08:47:08 AM
In honor of this silly seaty conversation, I think I will stop by starbucks after I run the trails this evening, so I will be sweaty, stinky and muddy. Or maybe Chik Fil A, there's one right there too.

If somebody says anything to you about it make sure to run out crying and write up something for the Guardian. News Flash: People in the American South vocal about things they don't like.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Fat Middle Aged Service Member Shamed for Trying to Stay Healthy.

Ad: Veterans Suicides out of control!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2015, 08:37:43 AM

She smelled of roses after a 12 mile run?

garbon

Also, I just noticed when reading this article to my colleagues, that she says next time she is going to sit her sweaty body down in a chair. Ugh.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2015, 10:13:45 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2015, 08:37:43 AM

She smelled of roses after a 12 mile run?

Probably not, but neither was she "sweating all over the place".  Also, if someone sweats often because of exercise chances are it doesn't have any odor after immediately after the exercise.  It takes some time for bacteria to get at it and by that time she will have been showered and changed out of her exercise gear.

lustindarkness

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2015, 10:22:38 AM
Also, I just noticed when reading this article to my colleagues, that she says next time she is going to sit her sweaty body down in a chair. Ugh.

HOTT, sweaty butt outline left on the chair!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom