News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Do Chinese use periods and question marks?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 28, 2015, 02:59:40 AM
Do Chinese use periods and question marks?  :huh:

Question marks, commas, full-stops, yes.  The Chinese full-stop is a small circle rather than a dot.  The rules regarding what constitutes a "complete sentence" are far less straight in Chinese.  So a lot of times, the comma and full-stop are almost interchangeable, although one must end a paragraph with a full-stop. 

Liep

Don't you guys know your 标点符号用法??
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

Quote from: Liep on July 28, 2015, 04:02:33 AM
Don't you guys know your 标点符号用法??

:P

That's simplified Chinese, BTW.  We use traditional Chinese in Hong Kong.  The Chinese in the letter above is also traditional Chinese. 

Josquius

Does anyone know of a flight search site like kayak, sky scanner, etc... That also let's you flexibility search for multi stop flights?
I am wondering whether that could be a cheaper way to do things than just fly somewhere then use low cost airlines to get around whilst there.
Also in considering the potential for sneaking a china visit in.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 27, 2015, 05:42:49 PM
Again, drawing from my experience.  The two concussions we know my son received were both from legal, technically sound hits.  And in both collisions he was the one initiating the contact.

I respect that, but I also have my own experience to draw from.  Obviously if there's ever any sign of a concussion we'll get it taken care of and re-evaluate at that point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on July 27, 2015, 07:54:25 PM
@derspicy I'm not joining in parenting (considering I'm not one) but do you think you want him playing in a few years when the speed is faster and collisions more intense?

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  He may not want to continue on by that point.  Hell, if his baseball obsession progresses he may end up playing in both spring and fall leagues.

QuoteAnd you should let your half beaner boy play futbol!

:P

He'd hate it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Honest question, why would he hate it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2015, 07:22:22 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure there are plenty of male feminists who do not get all neurotic each time they do something guys are supposed to like. He is just neurotic. Why he felt the need to publish an article like he had something profound to say is something else.

Then there's this guy: https://www.yahoo.com/style/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism-124776149073.html

"Letting strangers bang my wife really helped me respect women more... or maybe it just turned me into a huge pussy."

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on July 28, 2015, 08:48:14 AM
Honest question, why would he hate it?

It's not what his cousin is doing, and he would get very bored with it.  Plus I suspect that just like with baseball season this year, once football season starts he'll catch the football bug and won't want to do anything but play football.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 28, 2015, 08:50:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2015, 07:22:22 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure there are plenty of male feminists who do not get all neurotic each time they do something guys are supposed to like. He is just neurotic. Why he felt the need to publish an article like he had something profound to say is something else.

Then there's this guy: https://www.yahoo.com/style/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism-124776149073.html

"Letting strangers bang my wife really helped me respect women more... or maybe it just turned me into a huge pussy."

Again not really sure where he comes to that conclusion. Heterosexual men are not the only people who do not want their partner to cheat on them and the reasons are obvious. He even acknowledges why. Not everybody is capable of soulless meaningless sex. Anyway this has fuck all to do with feminism. Yet another article where 'Feminism means I can justify whatever as liberating' thing you see everywhere. 'Being a heroin-addicted prostitute is amazing because feminism!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

How are those senior yoga classes going Syt?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Seniors in yoga pants. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 28, 2015, 06:38:25 AM
https://en.skypicker.com/

May be the best answer for you.
Doesn't seem to do what I want but a very nice site anyway.
██████
██████
██████