The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 22, 2015, 09:56:15 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 21, 2015, 08:43:53 PM
I bought a new car, Kia Rondo known as Carens in some parts of the world. Not sold in the USA.

:huh:

It is (or was) sold in the US.  A former co-worker owned one.

Stop in 2010 apparently but your the local, you tell me!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 22, 2015, 09:07:16 AM
You get yours fixed yet Cal?  If not, I absolutely recommend one of those portable A/C units.  I didn't want to lay in bed sweating my ass off all night not being able to sleep, etc, so I went and bought one and aimed it at the foot of my bed.  Worked beautifully.
It was fixed last week.  But the week it took to get it fixed was hell.  It wasn't that hot, but the humidity was out of control. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

1951 poster of Felix Dzershinski: "Be Watchful and Vigilant!"

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

It's National Hot Dog Day in the US :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2015, 09:56:11 AM

I might go for a Bosna after work to celebrate.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Saw a blurb that the world's most dangerous group is doing a reunion tour. Eazy being replaced by Eminem.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2015, 10:01:08 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2015, 09:56:11 AM

I might go for a Bosna after work to celebrate.

Nice.  It's like a skinny bratwurst po boy.  What seasoning is that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Does anyone know, what do you call those digital cameras halfway between the basic pocket point and shoot ones and the big professional ones?
Its not as simple as hybrid, there's some fancy term for them.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on July 23, 2015, 11:13:23 AM
Does anyone know, what do you call those digital cameras halfway between the basic pocket point and shoot ones and the big professional ones?
DSLR?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2015, 10:56:20 AM
Nice.  It's like a skinny bratwurst po boy.  What seasoning is that?
Is that like a currywurst maybe?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on July 23, 2015, 11:15:10 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 23, 2015, 11:13:23 AM
DSLR?
That sounds right. Thanks. Looking into getting one. Of course not even knowing what they're called is a great start.
██████
██████
██████