Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 16, 2015, 10:44:20 AM
Maybe people should just stick to commemorating the post count(just passed 50k) as it's consistent.  :hmm:

Things I could have read instead of this thread:

-War and Peace
-An old school encylopedia
-Ulysses (including the breaks taken due to boredom)
-the Bible (including breaks to repent for my sins)
-Saint Augustine's Confessions, in the original Latin (including time spent learning Latin)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2015, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 16, 2015, 10:44:20 AM
Maybe people should just stick to commemorating the post count(just passed 50k) as it's consistent.  :hmm:

Things I could have read instead of this thread:

-War and Peace
-An old school encylopedia
-Ulysses (including the breaks taken due to boredom)
-the Bible (including breaks to repent for my sins)
-Saint Augustine's Confessions, in the original Latin (including time spent learning Latin)

:D

crazy canuck

There is an interesting vibe in the City today.  There are 50k tickets sold for the US Nigeria game.  Many American fans are walking around carrying flags and wearing team colors (I misspelled the word for the occasion).  Not many Nigerian fans around.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Anyone know anything about getting a drivers license as an adult in VA?
The DMV's website says you can either get a learner's permit, then pass the driving test 60 days later; or pass a driver's education course, then pass the driving test. However, all of the driving schools I've tried contacting tell me say my wife needs to get her permit first, or even get her permit then wait 60 days, before taking their courses. If they say anything at all.  <_<
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

To get the learner's permit, she probably just needs to pass the test on signs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Hmm, I looked closer at the requirements, and she does have to pass the class "while holding the permit." Bad reading skills on my part.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Outrageous. If Denmark is included Greenland isn't not included.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

If Greenland was included they might have to knock Denmark and Canada down a peg. :shifty:

BTW, how is the state of peace in Ukraine higher than in Russia?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk