News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Savonarola on June 18, 2015, 03:13:34 PM
Did the bubbles rise and fall like in a Guinness?  That would make for a cool video.

Yep, you had the same style of cascade, with a persistent head.  I should have done a full Youtube video on it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

The best coffee in th world is the one I prepare every morning before work, at just the perfect amount of coffee for the 5 cups of water, just exactly the propper amount of milk, boiled to the perfect point, and the proper amount of sugar. It helps I use Yaucono my Mom sends me from PR.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2015, 03:13:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 18, 2015, 03:11:16 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on June 18, 2015, 03:03:20 PM
Shade grown coffee, thats the new thing. lol

Even better - coffee that has been shat.  :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2014/sep/19/civet-cat-coffee-worlds-most-expensive-brew-made-sustainably-kopi-luwak

Friends tried that in Indonesia, and they said it was the best coffee they'd ever had. Even the better Viennese roasts don't come close.

A buddy of mine brought some back from his trip to the Philippines.  He claims it's the best coffee he's ever had, but I'm not sure I trust his sincerity.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Best coffee I've had in the past couple years was some stuff from Vietnam.  Had a distinct cinnamon edge to it, even though it was unflavored.

Caliga

I make espresso every morning with Cafe Bustelo or Cafe Pilon. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Do you actually boil your coffee, lusti?  Seems that would make it a bit astringent.

Caliga

lustindarkness

Nope, small coffee maker, gringo style, with paper filters and all. Now when I go camping I have an old percolator (reminds me I need a new one, my camping stove is burning the crap of the little old thing).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on June 18, 2015, 03:32:24 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on June 18, 2015, 03:26:07 PM
Try Yaucono.
Where can I get it?

Well, my Mom won't send you some every two weeks, you will have to order it from yaucono.com unless there is a market close by that brings it in for you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

You can get it at Sam's Club.

lustindarkness

I'm spoiled by my Mommy, she mails me goodies every couple of weeks. Coffee, crackers, sweets etc. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 18, 2015, 03:35:56 PM
unless there is a market close by that brings it in for you.
Highly unlikely.  There are like 5 Puerto Ricans in Kentucky.   :blush: The 'ethnic' section of most supermarkets is basically Mexican stuff since there are in fact tons of Mexicans.

derspiess

My mom used to spoil me when I lived out of town.  Now it takes an act of God for her to cook me a damned meal.