News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 12, 2015, 09:21:42 AM
As if even weirder spelling rules in English stopped anybody from learning it.  :lol:

Hey I understand our spelling is weird as fuck. English speaking countries cannot even agree amongst ourselves.

I was just trying to understand why Tyr gets so whiny about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2015, 09:42:10 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2015, 09:36:03 AM
But if she did, we should applaud her for being empowered as a woman and embracing her sexuality or something.

Well of course we should you Taliban-esque prude.

If she's attractive, absolutely.  If not, break out the burqas.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2015, 09:45:05 AM
If she's attractive, absolutely.  If not, break out the burqas.

You monster :angry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadImmortalMan

Company with the largest revenue by state.

Oklahoma's is a truck stop.  :P

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Coca-Cola smoked by Home Depot.

Microsoft trounced by Costco.

And they say brick and mortar retail is in trouble.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2015, 11:18:07 AM
Coca-Cola smoked by Home Depot.

Microsoft trounced by Costco.

And they say brick and mortar retail is in trouble.

Kroger and Albertson's on the board too.

Also Chevron beat out all of silicon valley. Even with depressed oil prices.

Zanza

I wonder which companies are considered. My company has a subsidiary in one of the US states that should have a higher revenue than the company that is shown there.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2015, 11:50:39 AM
I wonder which companies are considered. My company has a subsidiary in one of the US states that should have a higher revenue than the company that is shown there.

Headquartered.

Zanza

Ah, just noticed the fine print on the lower left.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2015, 11:51:39 AM
Headquartered.

Yes, I think that's what it is. Otherwise, a lot of them would likely be in multiple states. Like WalMart.

Zanza

You wouldn't really associate Boeing with Illinois, would you? Why did they move their HQ anyway. Strange.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2015, 11:56:44 AM
You wouldn't really associate Boeing with Illinois, would you? Why did they move their HQ anyway. Strange.

https://hbr.org/2001/10/inside-boeings-big-move

Because of the nature of the business, we knew that we needed to remain in the United States. But we do business with 145 countries, and we have significant operations in 26 states. Seattle, southern California, Wichita, Philadelphia, and St. Louis—we have major operations in all of these sites. So we were looking for a place that would minimize travel time throughout the country and internationally and that would also give government leaders and financial markets in Washington, DC, New York, and abroad access to us. We needed a central location near a major airport. Based on that consideration and a number of others [for the full list of the selection criteria, see the accompanying exhibit], we very rapidly narrowed our choices.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2015, 11:56:44 AM

Or Bank of America with North Carolina. It is as North Carolinian as non-horrible Barbecue.

Ideologue

I liked Carolinian BBQ ok.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)