News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Me neither. That guard rail looks flimsy as heck.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 09, 2015, 11:59:32 PM
Today I watched five men base jump off this bridge. Which apparently happens daily.

I also saw Evel Knievel's jump site. It looked scary as hell. I mean I didn't even want to drive over that bridge.  :P

Damn, I read this quick and missed the word base.

I was like...WHAT!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

James Last has died. You may know his music from Kill Bill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUQnK99GaQ

His biggest hit was Biscaya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gl6UilAa5M

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

My parents were big James Last fans and so I listened to a lot of his stuff growing up in the 70s.

RIP

Syt

Same here. He was insanely popular in the 70s/80s, and at times his records made for 1/3 of all record sales in Germany. Pretty much invented easy listening music in Germany.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Never heard of him. RIP.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 10, 2015, 06:28:48 AM
This dissolves into a hilarious rant :lol:

https://popehat.com/2015/06/08/department-of-justice-uses-grand-jury-subpoena-to-identify-anonymous-commenters-on-a-silk-road-post-at-reason-com/

Libertarians are a sick people.  It's funny though, When I posted a thread about the conviction of the Silk Road guy, Grumbler claimed it had nothing to do with libertarianism, despite the claims of the defendant that this was an experiment of in agoraism.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Just received my Arbitron survey booklet.  The radio stations you can listen to are now in my hands.  :ph34r:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

The thing one listens to in the car.

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 10, 2015, 04:07:21 PM

Radio is due for a comeback if Apple has anything to say about it, and usually they do.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 10, 2015, 04:14:08 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 10, 2015, 04:07:21 PM

Yi has my playlist?

I would guess Yi has better taste than that, but who knows?