News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Just checking something. IGNORE ME!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 04, 2015, 05:25:05 PM
https://kneedeepbrewing.com/

Just outside Sacramento.

Nice.  They make good beer and I can occasionally find it around here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

What's worse than having to work the sunny Friday after a Thursday public holiday? When there's outside visitors in the office, and Casual Friday is canceled for it, even though you won't meet the people.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 05, 2015, 03:29:44 AM
What's worse than having to work the sunny Friday after a Thursday public holiday? When there's outside visitors in the office, and Casual Friday is canceled for it, even though you won't meet the people.

First Fronleichnam I miss in years.  :(

Syt

I also did not go to see Faith No More/Body Count/Testament/Metallica yesterday, because I have work today.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I love ASUS.

QuoteSuccessful Submission! Million Thanks!

:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

A freaking turkey vulture flew in to my car this morning on the drive in to work!

...and I don't mean in as in it just collided with my car, but in as in it literally partially flew IN to my car through my sunroof!!!!!

I don't know if it was killed or injured but it collided loudly with the roof and its wing either brushed my head or came very close as I felt it or the wind from it....

My car has no obvious damage, but at first I thought it lodged a feather in the seam of my sunroof, but when I got to work and inspected more closely the thing I thought was a feather is some kind of part of the sunroof I never noticed before, so I'm thinking it possibly is damaged.  I was able to close the sunroof ok but it sounded a little different than before, so now I'm afraid to open it.

Why OH WHY must birds always insist on attacking me?  First mockingbirds, now vultures...  :(

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on June 05, 2015, 08:26:34 AM
A freaking turkey vulture flew in to my car this morning on the drive in to work!

...and I don't mean in as in it just collided with my car, but in as in it literally partially flew IN to my car through my sunroof!!!!!

I don't know if it was killed or injured but it collided loudly with the roof and its wing either brushed my head or came very close as I felt it or the wind from it....

My car has no obvious damage, but at first I thought it lodged a feather in the seam of my sunroof, but when I got to work and inspected more closely the thing I thought was a feather is some kind of part of the sunroof I never noticed before, so I'm thinking it possibly is damaged.  I was able to close the sunroof ok but it sounded a little different than before, so now I'm afraid to open it.

Why OH WHY must birds always insist on attacking me?  First mockingbirds, now vultures...  :(

Stop looking so dead and tasty.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

That's one myopic vulture if it thinks my car looks like a dead deer. :wacko:

HVC

When carrion birds are diving at your car you might want to reconsider your hygiene practices lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive