News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Maybe she digs the mustache then. Or just naturally very friendly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2015, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2015, 03:42:28 PM
Bergdahl has been charged with desertion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/03/25/bowe-bergdahl-once-missing-u-s-soldier-charged-with-desertion/?hpid=z1

It will be interesting to see how this story plays. 

My hunch is it will disappear.

Or maybe Hagel gets thrown under the bus?
Really?  You really think that?  It's pretty hard to defend yourself in a court-martial case, even when you're innocent.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 24, 2015, 01:58:13 PM
My great-uncle was a salesman for Piels Beer.

Throat wise but not tongue wise?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2015, 10:09:19 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 25, 2015, 09:59:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2015, 09:55:46 PM
Today Raz went to the local YMCA because some of the social workers wanted me to join the "Health Group".  It wasn't a bad experience.  Some random chick kept giving me encouragement, though I have no idea why.  She was rather attractive so the whole thing threw me off, especially because with a my Mustache I look like Gene Shalit after being thrown off a bridge.

She probably works there.

No, that's what I thought, but I don't think that was the case.  She was running on the track like I was.

Sometimes people are friendly.

I wish everyone was fit.  Including me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

vcarter706

Hallo meine Damen und Herren :D
Меня зовут Тристан. У меня есть кошка.

U$C Sucks. Go Bruins!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: vcarter706 on March 26, 2015, 01:22:47 AM

Not a whole lot of Damen around, I'm afraid.

How's it going?

vcarter706

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 26, 2015, 01:25:30 AM
Quote from: vcarter706 on March 26, 2015, 01:22:47 AM

Not a whole lot of Damen around, I'm afraid.

How's it going?

nicht viel, just came across memory lane here by doing a google search of all my old screen names. I also came found some really awful things I posted when I was 15 on Kapland. Blerg :-p

U$C Sucks. Go Bruins!

Eddie Teach

Not surprising, Kapland was notorious as a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

vcarter706

and that's why I'm glad it was there during my formative years of early teenagery.

U$C Sucks. Go Bruins!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 25, 2015, 02:13:56 PM
No Zayn Malik thread? :huh:

So at work drinks last night someone brought this up saying though she wanted to confirm first that it was real. I was like, yes it has been confirmed but I wasn't mentioning as I didn't want to be known as a person who knows that sort of information. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2015, 10:38:23 PM
Really?  You really think that?  It's pretty hard to defend yourself in a court-martial case, even when you're innocent.

I don't see how you came to that conclusion, and I don't see how that conclusion relates to my predictions.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2015, 10:09:19 PM
No, that's what I thought, but I don't think that was the case.  She was running on the track like I was.

Yeah, I always get suspicious when a really attractive girl is overly nice.  I mean, you can't blame them for being bitchy.  Probably gets tiring being nice and having guys take it the wrong way and not leave her alone after that.

But occasionally, you do run into an attractive woman who is genuinely nice. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall