News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on February 24, 2015, 10:23:31 AM
Should we wait to see if the perp was brown before making a thread?

Almost all American shootings these days are by angry white men.  If we had this rule you would think we were this peaceful country :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on February 23, 2015, 07:32:14 PM
Oddly for the last couple of years, since they announced the Scottish referendum campaign, I've been thinking of the country in economic and statistical term as England, with a variable number of other 'kingdoms/provinces/principalities' depending on politics, attached as an after thought.  :blush:

You, sir, are a traitor to Britain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

:hmm:

Did Brain just make a post that he then deleted?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on February 24, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
:hmm:

Did Brain just make a post that he then deleted?

Probably wasn't conceited enough.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Well that was weird.
In a pub I randomly started talking to some woman about something or other. She was blonde and had something in her accent so I guessed "are you Swedish?"
"Oh wow, so close, my heritage is Norwegian actually" - American? But....
"So you're from Minnesota?"
Yes.
Yes she was.
I didn't know they still had a Scandinavian tint to their accent.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Yaa, you betcha!

Watch the movie Fargo. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Fargo is something else. Didn't sound like this woman or any scandis I've met, even the ones who actually sound like scandis. Hmm.... Maybe I was just imagining things.

(For the record note I say woman, not girl here. Not hot)
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Oh, I'm sure she was just hideous.  Probably five pounds overweight and wore glasses or something.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on February 24, 2015, 06:24:19 PM
Fargo is something else. Didn't sound like this woman or any scandis I've met, even the ones who actually sound like scandis. Hmm.... Maybe I was just imagining things.

(For the record note I say woman, not girl here. Not hot)
Was she: funny lookin.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: mongers on February 24, 2015, 09:18:04 PM
Business planning meeting tomorrow, shall I go all out and 'blackmail'* them into giving me what I want**?  :ph34r:

edit:

* I should say it's not blackmail, just the threat of invoking review/sanctioning from a hight authority/their bosses.
** - not a something, but my own approach and I'm tired of people getting in my way.

Take what you want and don't let anyone stand in your way.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on February 25, 2015, 06:53:11 AM
http://www.brandfinance.com/news/press_releases/lego-overtakes-ferrari-as-the-worlds-most-powerful-brand :yeah:

Well, it certainly is in my house.  A few weeks ago my then-6 year old had an assignment to gather 100 of anything and arrange it creatively to mark their first 100 days of school.  There were lame suggestions such as Cheerios or raisins, but on a whim I suggested that he check to see if he had that many Lego figures.  He came back with 98.  We found a couple more from behind the couch to make 100.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall